Subject: Expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmb
It has been awhile since we have posted, so I thought I would just let you know that there is still a lot of work going on behind the scenes. There are two expansions in the works - one of which is almost done.

We are not ready to announce yet, but look for something in the next GMT P500 update. I think you will be pleased!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Ranieri
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
OH! JOY!
I bought Talon last week and i bring it on the table just a couple of times.... immediately become the favourite from my game group!
Of course they all start looking at me with puppies eyes asking for expansions and new races... now i have a reply!

Thanks a lot for your work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E. Strathmeyer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Both are insta-buy for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Once I was quietly looking at Space Empires: 4X as a way to get a game about space combat, but didn't buy it at the time.
Those were the old days.
Then I secured it in a trade, and I realised what a bad idea it was to get a game by a new designer.

Enjoying the game, Space Empires: Close Encounters was a natural progression and the name Jim Krohn became a designer with designideas I liked.

Space Empires: Replicators was naturally put on P500, since it was more SPace Empires.

Then Jim designed Talon and while it looked cool, I managed to resist. Space Empires was enough for me. Untill those blasted "Talon Tuesday" posts on the GMTblog appeared. P500 was the next step and then wait for it to arrive.

And wait I did, because it took GMT a long time and 2 mails to get it out to me. But in the end it arrived and Jim Krohn cemented himself as a good designer in my eyes.

As I was looking at Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! (second edition) as a tactical WWII game at the time, naturally Band of Brothers: Screaming Eagles entered my field of interest.

But as the first kickstarter had passed, it wasn't available.

But then Worthington went and offered a 2nd chance kickstarter and since I wanted a WWII tactical game and Jim Krohn was the designer, my card was charged and now I am eagerly awaiting the goodies.

Jim Krohn is costing me alot of money by designing good games.

And now Talon is getting expansions, Space Empires: Replicators is coming next year and Band of Brothers: Old Breed will have mini-campaigns.

And Jim is talking about solo options for all 3 systems.

I knew it was an bad expensive idea to buy a game from a new designer.cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Gilbert
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Jim Krohn wrote:
It has been awhile since we have posted, so I thought I would just let you know that there is still a lot of work going on behind the scenes. There are two expansions in the works - one of which is almost done.

We are not ready to announce yet, but look for something in the next GMT P500 update. I think you will be pleased!

Awesome! Please post here when it's on the P500 list...I'll definitely preorder this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Fisher
Australia
flag msg tools
Fantastic. Looking forward to this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Powers
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As they say: take my money, asap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
But the drumbeat strains of the night remain in the rhythm of the newborn day.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I'm hoping it's Cthulhu themed. With zombies.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:

I'm hoping it's Cthulhu themed. With zombies.

S.

Star Wars Cthulhu I assume you mean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.