Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Canada » Quebec

Subject: [Montreal, Canada] Looking for members to round out our group rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hello!

A friend and I are looking for 1-2 people to round out our group. We would like to have meetups once or twice a week, either in the evening after work or during the weekend.

We own and enjoy a wide variety of games, ranging from silly, fun, luck driven games like camel up to more serious and heavy strategy games like Through the Ages. You can check out my collection: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/ShadowPenguinZ...

Here is a picture of most of the games that I currently own: http://imgur.com/fD5WGvs

We usually hold our game nights at my place which is in Ahuntsic-Cartierville right outside of St-Laurent.

Let me know if you're interested!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Bouvier
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Brandon,

I don't know if you speak French, but if so, you might want to check out the Ahuntsic Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/852891761390158/

and/or the Villeray Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/100188146989387/

I don't think I could commit to anything super regular, but I'd definitely be into dropping by on occasion, especially for mid-to-heavy euros like Grand Austria Hotel, etc.

Cheers,

Jesse
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien A
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Brandon!

The Montreal Boardgames Meetup group meets the first and third Saturday of every month at 1 p.m. at the 7th floor cafeteria of Concordia University.

You can find more information here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/montreal.boardgames/

There's plenty of (usually clean) tables, with all kinds of games, from heavy euros to fun deduction games and even classic trick-taking card games once in a while.

I recommend checking out the Facebook page in the week preceding a meetup to see if anyone is looking for players for a specific game they intend to bring.

The next meetup will be next Saturday, September 3rd. Hope to see you there!

coriolis/Seb
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herbuin Rottenbelch
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Brandon!

You can have a look to this Meetup group. The are meeting twice a week, on Tuesday evening, and Saturday all the afternoon and evening too.

Enjoy!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mair
Canada
St. Hubert
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
coriolis wrote:
The Montreal Boardgames Meetup group meets the first and third Saturday of every month at 1 p.m. at the 7th floor cafeteria of Concordia University.

You can find more information here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/montreal.boardgames/


Will check this out. Might be worth crossing a bridge.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Campeau
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu brown belt under Bruno Fernandes.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rmair62 wrote:
coriolis wrote:
The Montreal Boardgames Meetup group meets the first and third Saturday of every month at 1 p.m. at the 7th floor cafeteria of Concordia University.

You can find more information here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/montreal.boardgames/


Will check this out. Might be worth crossing a bridge.


I game with that group. Awesome people, really fun group!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gill
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
philcampeau wrote:
rmair62 wrote:
coriolis wrote:
The Montreal Boardgames Meetup group meets the first and third Saturday of every month at 1 p.m. at the 7th floor cafeteria of Concordia University.

You can find more information here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/montreal.boardgames/


Will check this out. Might be worth crossing a bridge.


I game with that group. Awesome people, really fun group!


I also play with the Concordia group. Since setting up our meetings on Facebook we have gotten quite a few new players.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Campeau
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu brown belt under Bruno Fernandes.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoops, I accidentally quoted the wrong post. I was referring to the Meetup group that meets twice a week.

I can't vouch for the Concordia folk, though I'm sure they're good people too.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gill
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
philcampeau wrote:
Whoops, I accidentally quoted the wrong post. I was referring to the Meetup group that meets twice a week.

I can't vouch for the Concordia folk, though I'm sure they're good people too.


The meetup.com group plays at Face A Face Games and I play Magic The Gathering on the same night that they have their meet up. They're a very small group and can't play more than one game at a time. The Concordia group is much larger and we play for a much longer time (all day long and some stay into the evening and ending around 10 at night sometimes)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Campeau
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu brown belt under Bruno Fernandes.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hovercraft wrote:
philcampeau wrote:
Whoops, I accidentally quoted the wrong post. I was referring to the Meetup group that meets twice a week.

I can't vouch for the Concordia folk, though I'm sure they're good people too.


The meetup.com group plays at Face A Face Games and I play Magic The Gathering on the same night that they have their meet up. They're a very small group and can't play more than one game at a time. The Concordia group is much larger and we play for a much longer time (all day long and some stay into the evening and ending around 10 at night sometimes)


Not sure where you're getting that idea. The smallest we've been in the last 6 months on a Tuesday was 8, and we're usually 12-15 on Tuesdays, and well over 20 on Saturdays. We usually have 3 or 4 games going at a time during our Tuesday meetups.

Tuesdays we go 5-10pm, Saturdays go from noon until 9 or 10. Every week.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.