Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Sturk
United States
Hudson
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just want to verify I understand how exactly this works.

For example, the infantry training scenario "Capture the Bridge" has a "Set up first: German", and their units are marked as At start. This makes sense. The American units are marked as Turn 1, so when the game begins there are just German units on the board, but since the American side goes first and it is turn 1 they bring their reinforcements in. The only difference being the American has to spend ops to bring them in and they are subject to op fire, etc, they aren't all setup from the get go unlike if setup was specified.

Is this correct?

I'm assuming there are some cases where both sides set up pre game start, following the order mentioned, and then potentially on turn 1 either side may bring in reinforcements.

I also assume that reinforcements are all handled during the operations phase just like activating already on the board units, spending ops, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that is correct.

When bringing in reinforcements you are still limited by your ops range. So, if reinforcements arrive mid game it is possible that you will be moving units on the board while units are still off board. You could then run out of ops range, have the other side move while you still have units off board, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.