United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Specifically, I will be in the area (Agawam) on Tues-Thurs Aug 30-Sep 1. Is there any local gaming happening that I can join? Any game stores worth visiting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacer
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Isaac,

There's a weekly group in Feeding Hill/Agawam, but they meet on Fridays (and one Saturday a month), so that won't help you. I've got a few friends in the Springfield/Longmeadow area that I occassionally game with on weeknights. Perhaps we can get together one of those nights. I'll point out this thread to my friends and see what their availability is.

As for stores, really not much. There's a place in Chicopee that is mostly video games and Magic/CCGs, but with a small selection of boardgames at msrp. I could send you their info if that might appeal. There are a couple Saveres that might have something worth picking up if you are at all interested in thrifting, though they've not had much of note lately.

I saw you are a ConnCon guild member. I wonder if we have met there? This past ConnCon was my first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same game group as Ron on Fridays, but I live in Southwick (on the other side of Agawam). I'd be up for hosting an impromptu gaming night during the week also.

There is also a game store (Lost Harbor) in Westfield that has a selection of games at MSRP. On your drive up, you may want to visit The Portal in Manchester, CT. I haven't been there since they split off from the Time Machine toy and hobby store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Shalev
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rocksnrolls wrote:
Hi Isaac,

I saw you are a ConnCon guild member. I wonder if we have met there? This past ConnCon was my first.

We might have met at ConnCon, I was there last year, we probably would recognize each other. If you or Chris able to put together a game night, I'd love to join.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pope
United States
Bloomfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I'm in the Hartford area and I personally would suggest checking out The Portal in Manchester on Thursday. There is a meetup group that goes there every Thursday and we average roughly 15-20+ players. It starts up at around 6pm, but often times others (including myself) show up as early as 4pm. Just simply walk into the store and keep to the left and you will see an opening with a bunch of games and people playing them, just ask if this is the "Game On group" and people will now know you are new and usually someone will try to help you get into a game (often times this is myself if I am within earshot).

In terms of games that people play it's really all over the place, if there is a new release odds are you will see a table playing it, but there's also plenty of players playing just about everything. For example last week I saw Mysterium, Age of Steam, Resistance, Codenames, and a bunch more and I was only there for the last 2 hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.