$30.00
Scott Blakely
msg tools
mbmb
Hi all,

I own the complete CnC set, and I travel a great deal.

I have been looking through all of the posted files, etc. looking for one, single summary document that covers all of the rules, all of the terrain and all of the special units up to an including the Hoplites in Exp 6.

But I have not yet come across any such document.

1) will the living rules be updated to include all of this information?

2) Is there such a document anywhere?

I have already scanned in the additional rules from the various rule books, and I could edit a PDF together - but it still won't be fully organized.

There are a number of nice summaries, but they don't cover all of the units from all of the expansions. I have toyed with taking one of these documents and updating it as well....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I did was to separate out all the scenarios, then put the rules sections together. It's not fully interleaved (e.g., the "new units" section of expansion 1 doesn't fall directly after the new units section in the base game), but it's fairly easy to find things. The new rules sections of the expansions are pretty small.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I have 2 suggestions

first is fan website, which I find very portable
http://www.commandsandcolors.net/ancients/

Second is more complicated, but the charts in the VASSAL module are quite a good summary document of all the units, terrains but not the special rules IIRC. However, it does have the advantage of making play online possible whilst travelling.

my 2c
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: Tetrarchia, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
I scanned all the rulebooks, scenarios included. Then I could print the scenarios and make one scenario book, and all the rules and make a rules-book!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
franchi wrote:
I scanned all the rulebooks, scenarios included. Then I could print the scenarios and make one scenario book, and all the rules and make a rules-book!

One rule book, to rule them all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LSMB wrote:

One rule book, to rule them all!

Lord of the Ring Binder
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.