10 Posts

Tiny Epic Galaxies: Beyond the Black» Forums » General

Subject: Solo Mode rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jawby
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I've been getting more and more excited for this kickstarter to get here and I was finally able to send the kids off to bed and somehow still have enough energy left to try the solo mode for Tiny Epic Galaxies.

It is an AWESOME experience! The "AI" is so well thought out. It actually upgrades as the game goes on in ways that make you question your decisions It is like you are getting 2 games in one box!

It made me wonder if there will be an expanded solo mode in Beyond the Black to build upon this great experience.

Please say yes!

If there was a pre-kickstarter pledge button I would be mashing it in the face as we speak. Probably good thing that doesn't exist.

Thanks for all the awesome games Gamelyn!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank YOU!

and yes, we developing TEGBTB to support solo play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jawby
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Awesome!!!!!!!!!! I seriously can't wait! You guys are the best!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Paltrineri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed the kickstarter but can't wait to get the expansion in retail. I love this game solo! When should the expansion be available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barker
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you mean you missed the kickstarter for the expansion? If so, you didn't. It launches Sep 7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jawby wrote:
It is an AWESOME experience! The "AI" is so well thought out. ... It is like you are getting 2 games in one box!

Yes, it is a great solo mode. This rarely happens but I had more fun playing TEG solo than with my gaming group
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Paltrineri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops, must have been thinking of a different game. This is great news because now I can get in on the KS, bad news because it means I have to wait longer for the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to agree with this so very much. The solo mode in TEG is wonderful! I've slowly been working my way up the difficulty levels and every game has been great amounts of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoy TEG multiplayer, but was disappointed in the solo mode. It's functional but dull.

After 10 solo plays it felt very limited.

There are so many better solo games that I can't imagine playing this again solo.

I'm interested in the expansion, as I like the base game, and would be pleasantly surprised if it could somehow rescue the solo mode - although my solo expectations are lower this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Please further develop the solo rules. Maybe add some AI elements too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.