Hide
4 Posts

Rome: Rise to Power» Forums » Rules

Subject: Consul card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Brooks
msg tools
The Consul card seems very powerful, especially in the last turn. Is it right than on turn 1 a the player can place a 1 pip dice, on turn 2 using the consul card a 6 pip dice, and on turn 3 a third dice of any value.

This means that the player would get 3 senator cards which are normally very good for victory points.

Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Boyd
United Kingdom
Newtownards
County Down
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering the same. We came across this during a game. Is it a one use card or does it stay activated for the whole round?

EDIT:
I think it's only used once per round, according to this paragraph on page 4 in the rules:

"Once the ability of the Senate card is triggered, it is also considered 'exhausted' and may not be used again this round."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Brooks
msg tools
It is definitely one use per round but in the final round it can be unbalancing in our opinion. It is a must have card. Only the senator can stop the four strongest cards being taken.Even then the player will get three cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elad Goldsteen
Israel
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

It's a powerful card. Feel free to change up the cards - you get some extra Senator cards so you can mix and match to fit your gaming style.

Thanks for posting and I do hope you will have fun playing my game,

Elad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.