Subject: ORCtoberfest - a queue building card game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan Linden
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
Hello everybody!

I'd like to tell you guys about my current project, named Orctoberfest. I'm working on the game a bit more than a year now, and it's definitely time to tell interested people about it and get some feedback from the wide public.

The game is about a fantasy fair, the ORctoberfest, where all creatures from the fantasy world are trying to have a good time.

Each player starts with 10 character cards. During the game, the players will queue up their character cards in waiting lines, trying to get them served as fast as possible in order to score the most points at the end of the game. The gameplay is mainly simultaneous.

The game is in a late development state and got provided with some nice artwork from the very talented Agnès Fouquart.

Here are some prototype cards.

And some other artwork that will be in the game.

The game itself plays in approximately 30 minutes and the rules are relatively easy to pick up. However, it will take a game or two to get into all the character abilities and interactions.

So what do you guys think? Let me know if you want to know more!

P.S.: I will present the game in Essen this year and, very short notice, will have a prototype with me for the Brussels Games Festival this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Orctoberfest - a queue building card game
You have some sort of mythical hairy creature in lederhosen. I literally do not need to know anything else about the game.

Oh! Except one thing! I need to know when I can have it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Linden
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
Hello again Andrew!

I'm happy that you find the theme (and artwork) intriguing.

The schedule for Orctoberfest is as follows:

- beginning of September I will work with the graphic designer on the final design of the cards and looking into the design for the kickstarter campaign
- in Orctober I will be at Essen SPIEL, presenting the prototype
- the Kickstarter campaign is planned for the end of the year (somewhen between late Orctober and December)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
@boardgameaday
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes! It's finally up! I had so much fun playtesting it! Good times. We want mORCharacters!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Slack
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Sounds like fun and you picked a great name (I love a good pun).

I hope it progresses well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Linden
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
Thank you Joe!

I was demoing the prototype yesterday on the Brussels games festival and it got a lot of positive feedback. looking forward to a second day of gaming and demoing in Brussels today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Linden
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
Back from Brussels Games Festival and a week of gaming holidays afterwards (and yes, it was amazing!). Sat together with the designer yesterday and I'm excited to see the final card design.

Now I thought it would be nice to show some more artwork, so here is some more:

The Dwarf

Icons for the Orc and Vampire:

And the beer player token:

What do you guys think? I'll be back with more updates soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.