5 Posts

Legendary Encounters: A Firefly Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Flames in Operartions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Benjamin Hopeson III
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I was sleeving up my game today, and one of the cards had the consequence of putting flames in operations. I can see no mention of this mechanic in the rules. Am I misisng something?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
I would guess "Flames" is probably a card in the episode deck and that you would take that card and put it into the Operations area of the play mat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This would fall under the rule that if you don't understand how to do something, keep playing, as it will probably become clear what to do later on during that Episode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
It is explained on the Objective card for that Episode.

Off the top of my head (b/c I'm currently too lazy to dig out my cards), this is from the episode "Safe", where you choose two unused Avatars, place them in Operations to represent captives that the Hillfolk kidnapped. Then you take a certain number of Crew Strikes and place them on top of the two avatars/captives to represent the Hillfolk trying to light them on fire. (in the actual episode of the TV series, Simon and River are captured, but the superstitious hillfolk are disturbed by River's unique abilities and accuse her of being a witch).

Anyhow, one of that episode's objectives in the game is to try and rescue those captives, and the particulars are all described on the Objectives card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Crow
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
It's from Safe, and the initial definition of what to do with "Flames" is found on the Safe objective card. Various other cards in the episode add or put out more Flames. Or add them as a bonus to the Hill People's combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.