Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Harclerode
United States
Mount Joy
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hi All,

I apologize if this is listed somewhere else but I cannot find it in the forums.

Just bought SHCD online and received the "2016-1" print.

I contacted Asmodee and asked for corrected materials.

They responded back very quickly with the following:

"We are processing your request, but are unable to fulfill it at this time as we are temporarily out of the parts you need. Fear not, for there is a reprint on the way and we will be receiving replacement parts for the game along with it."

I'm a little disappointed as I was looking forward to diving in and hitting the ground running and I'm not sure what the timeline is on the reprint. I have a question in to them about that.

My questions is this:

The errata on BGG (https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/125895/sherlock-holmes-co...) says it is not needed for 2016 prints but it also mentions cases 3 & 6.. which I thought were the cases that had issues with them in the 2016-1 version. It also mentions newspaper errors being fixed.

Is this an errata for for the 2016-1 version? If not, is there a different one?

Appreciate any insight anyone may have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The errata here should be exactly what you need for the 2016-1 version. 2016-2 won't require it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frank Overwood wrote:
The errata here should be exactly what you need for the 2016-1 version.

What about if we have the 2014 version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
Frank Overwood wrote:

Yep. It will help with all Ystari [edit: English] printings before 2016-2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frank Overwood wrote:
belial1134 wrote:
Frank Overwood wrote:

Yep. It will help with all Ystari printings before 2016-2.

Thank you.

I sent in a request and got the same reply as some others (on hold due to no replacements on hand)

I just hope they also sent the corrected newspapers assuming they also had corrected (someone reported getting casebooks from Asmodee but not newspapers)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Johnson
United States
Seguin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent it a request a few weeks before and got the same reply. We will see how good their customer service is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
Don Johnson wrote:
I sent it a request a few weeks before and got the same reply. We will see how good their customer service is.

I still haven't gotten a response to my request (from a few weeks ago).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:

I just hope they also sent the corrected newspapers assuming they also had corrected (someone reported getting casebooks from Asmodee but not newspapers)

I don't recall there being any problems with the newspapers; so no need for replacements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
amacleod wrote:
belial1134 wrote:

I don't recall there being any problems with the newspapers; so no need for replacements.

I thought the file section with the errata for the casebooks also has newspapers. I wouldn't imagine the newspapers were included with the errata if they weren't changed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got an email from Asmodee with corrected PDFs. Looks like they are no longer replacing books, but assuming the PDFs are correct, that is probably reasonable. I didn't receive anything regarding newspapers (though I didn't specifically request anything either).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
Just got an email from Asmodee with corrected PDFs. Looks like they are no longer replacing books, but assuming the PDFs are correct, that is probably reasonable. I didn't receive anything regarding newspapers (though I didn't specifically request anything either).

I got the same pdfs. I did ask about newspapers and didn't get any so either they forgot or the newspapers were not wrong?
But there are newspapers attached to the errata files on BGG so who knows

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Pascall
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
ras2124 wrote:

I got the same pdfs. I did ask about newspapers and didn't get any so either they forgot or the newspapers were not wrong?

The newspapers were not fixed in the Asmodee's 2016-2 reprint. That's unfortunate, because there are some glaring issues with two of the cases.

On a side note, has anyone compared the differences between the original Case 6 and the new Case 6 pdf? I did a quick scan and couldn't see a difference...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mpascall wrote:
belial1134 wrote:
ras2124 wrote:

The newspapers were not fixed in the Asmodee's 2016-2 reprint. That's unfortunate, because there are some glaring issues with two of the cases.

Yeah, I hope the errata with the newspapers (in the files section) actually updated the newspapers...I haven't compared them.

If the 2016-2 reprint didn't fix the newspapers than that is disappointing they never got the game totally correct.

Almost sounds like I should just pick up the new version that Space Cowboy releases

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mpascall wrote:
[

Well, since I didn't encounter problems with the newspapers (nor have I actually heard of any specific issues with them), I wouldn't call the problems "glaring"....either that, or I have really bad eyesight!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Pascall
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
amacleod wrote:
mpascall wrote:
[

Well, since I didn't encounter problems with the newspapers (nor have I actually heard of any specific issues with them), I wouldn't call the problems "glaring"....either that, or I have really bad eyesight!

One of them is where Sherlock describes how he solved the case and mentions vital information in a newspaper article. The English article doesn't include that information, but the French version does:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
In case 6 solution, Sherlock says "Even if Travis made a nice culprit, many elements quickly proved to me that he couldn't be implicated in all the murders. First off, his first article clearly shows that he could never enter the tomb and thus commit the first murder."

The article in the English version doesn't say he can't get into the tomb. In the French version says security guards prevented him.

The other is an entry that shows which location a certain character frequents. Again it's missing from the Ystari English version, but is in the original Sleuth version and the Ystari French version:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
In case 7, the character Violet Blue is found only at the Oxford Music Hall. The Ystari English version has no way of telling the players how to find her. Both Slueth and French versions have an ad for "Oxford Music Hall - Miss Violette Blue sings her heart out"

We solved the case only because we started blindly searching for venues in the area, and happened to find an entry for her.

Both problems seem glaring once you know they are there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Baker

South Carolina
msg tools
ras2124 wrote:

How did you contact them? Did you just email them, or did you have to call into customer service?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bbaker479 wrote:
ras2124 wrote:

How did you contact them? Did you just email them, or did you have to call into customer service?
I went through their website. Under support and then component issues, there is a link to fill out a request.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.