United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a slip of paper in my copy that says, "Warning: Please remove and discard plastic film before use." What's it referring to? I don't feel/see anything with plastic film.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're not the only one, I've read about this in some other threads. The plastic sheets used by the Radio operator have a protective film stuck to them. It's stuck really well actually, hence you don't notice it unless you just try if something will peel off. Then you'll see!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil, the Tusken Tactician
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
I have a slip of paper in my copy that says, "Warning: Please remove and discard plastic film before use." What's it referring to? I don't feel/see anything with plastic film.

Hahaha! I thought that, too! I nearly through out the sheets needed to track enemy movement!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Wisconsin Rapids
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you find this invisible film (I assure you it's really there) place your Plastic sheet flat on the table when you peel it off otherwise you may risk putting a small crease in the middle of one of your sheets like I did.

How I managed to do that? All I can say is that I was holding the sheet in one hand and pulling the film off with the other. Don't be careless like me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could not get it off with my hands alone; I ended up using packing tape to stick to the film and pull it up.

Also, it is only on one side of the sheet but it can be hard to tell which side so if you are not having luck, try the other side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
Monroe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
fastattaq wrote:
When you find this invisible film (I assure you it's really there) place your Plastic sheet flat on the table when you peel it off otherwise you may risk putting a small crease in the middle of one of your sheets like I did.

How I managed to do that? All I can say is that I was holding the sheet in one hand and pulling the film off with the other. Don't be careless like me!

I did the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keillor
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't really tell either so I scratched a corner with my finger nail and it came up. Funny story, my first run at that post I put a big circle on the map underneath and writing notes. Then I slid the clear over the top and smudged all underneath and I could barely see anything. Spent a round or two just cleaning it off. Good thing we didn't start RT yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all for the tips. I found packing tape to work well at getting it started where my fingers failed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Glyn
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Twitter @kyleglyn reddit /u/kyleglyn
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Packing tape worked for me also after reading this thread. We played it last night before I took the plastic off (I was convinced there was none on mine) but it didn't damage anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Robinson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pork1979 wrote:
fastattaq wrote:

I did the same thing.

I did this also. It sucks. There should be a warning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ron wood
United States
mishawaka
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EvanMinn wrote:
I could not get it off with my hands alone; I ended up using packing tape to stick to the film and pull it up.

Also, it is only on one side of the sheet but it can be hard to tell which side so if you are not having luck, try the other side.

It was on both sides of the sheets when we opened a copy last night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Emmi
msg tools
Yes, packing tape is the answer. Thanks all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Stansfield
Austria
Lower Austria
flag msg tools
badge
live every day as if it were your first
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it really necessary to remove the plastic film? I don‘t think so. We played a few games on Saturday last week and everything works perfect. It looks to me as if this plastic film did not interfere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EvanMinn wrote:

This was exactly what I needed to hear, haha. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jyothi
India
flag msg tools
mb
So did I :-(

trilamb wrote:
Pork1979 wrote:
fastattaq wrote:

I did the same thing.

I did this also. It sucks. There should be a warning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Chov
China
BEIJING
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have this slip of paper?

I am normal?

Am I not in danger?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spider Li
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is it on one side or both???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treebeard
United States
Joshua
Texas
flag msg tools
I Design Broken Token Game Inserts
badge
I Design Broken Token Game Inserts
mbmbmbmbmb
I have gotten film of of one side of each sheet. I don't want to damage the sheet, is it on both?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Steinbauer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A way to test for the side is, pressing your fingernail slightly against the surface. On the side with the film, you will see a little indent. Just don't press to hard, otherwise you might damage the surface below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Becker
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The confusing part was one of the plastic overlays had a protective film on one side and the other plastic overlay did not...

Also, the overlay sheets were not the same size and we found that puzzling as well.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Marceau
United States
Benicia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I'm a little confused by this. I found one plastic film on one side of one sheet? Is that the only one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was just one side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pleb compromise
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! This confused me as well. Film on one side of each, picked the side with a small fingernail press. Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
I was convinced there was no plastic film. I will have to take a close look tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.