Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Ridgley
United States
Copperas Cove
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two totally unrelated questions in CoM.

For the Polish Grain Embargo I played the card and carried out the effects, but don't understand why I place the counter on the turn track. Does it cause effects later on down the road? I can't find it listed on other French and Russian cards, in the rules or player aids, but I'm probably just missing something.

Capturing London. I'm a little curious why London can be captured regardless if whether the British Fleet is in the North Sea and also why there is no VP or MW loss as a result.

Thanks in advance for all your help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
London is a restricted space (2.1) so it can't be entered by baddies.

One of the condition of Grain Embargo is that the marker is not on the track so I think that makes it essentially a one time event. I don't know if there's another event that stops the embargo..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ridgley
United States
Copperas Cove
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks James! I have a tendency to overlook those key first-page details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Stites
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Polish Grain Embargo is a once-a-year event rather than once-a-game event. 19.2 states:

"Advance the Year marker to the next year and remove all Fortunes of War chits, Shared Supply markers, and any others from the Turn Track."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I had a feeling you would show up here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ridgley
United States
Copperas Cove
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok Rex. Thank you. That explanation makes complete sense now. It is possible to draw the card twice in a year after reshuffling, but the counter just tells that you are unable to play it as an event again in the same year. Once the counters are removed at the end of the year, than it can be played again in the next year as an event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.