Subject: After-market ships rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Saxton
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
After all, gas can is my middle name. Eh, not really.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been keeping an eye open for other model ships to use with Fleet Commander; the other day I picked up some of the "First Order Transport" from "Star Wars, The Force Awakens" as made by Micro-Machines (it's the landing craft the stormtroopers use in the beginning of the film).

I cut the landing legs off, and they already have a hole in the underside for a peg. They're softer plastic than the original FC ships.

The size and shape/appearance are good for what I would figure space freighters should look like, lots of cargo room inside, and they make inviting bulky targets. They measure 51mm long, 17mm wide (widest point), and 11mm tall (without legs, over the hull proper - the "tower" adds a further 6mm to height).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Saxton
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Update Part Two

For fun, I tracked down and ordered via eBay one of the Corgi "Red Dwarf" mining ships that they made back in 2004 or 2006. It's a bit longer than a Class 4 ship, but much fatter than the Class 4. I figure it'll make a fun distraction, with some home-brew rules about not being able to destroy the hapless Dwarfers, but like always they get away just a little worse for the experience (and of course they must crash at least one Starbug into an asteroid).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Saxton
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've uploaded four images of the various aftermarket ships to my own gallery, here's the first one, scroll through for the others:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/3192343/mack-me-bucko

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cross
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Those look great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.