$20.00
$15.00
$5.00
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
"No citizenship," he said. But he added, "Let me go a step further — they'll pay back-taxes; they have to pay taxes; there's no amnesty, as such, there's no amnesty, but we work with them."

He continued: "Now, everybody agrees we get the bad ones out. But when I go through and I meet thousands and thousands of people on this subject, and I've had very strong people come up to me, really great, great people come up to me, and they've said, 'Mr. Trump, I love you, but to take a person who's been here for 15 or 20 years and throw them and their family out, it's so tough, Mr. Trump,' I have it all the time! It's a very, very hard thing."

"Look, we have to follow the laws of our country," Trump said, before conducting a call-and-response with the audience. "Now, can we be, and I'll ask the audience. You have somebody who's terrific who's been here, right, long time — long court proceeding, long everything in other words to get them out. Can we go through a process or do you think they have to get out?"

In Stunning Reversal, Trump Suggests He'd 'Work With' Immigrants In U.S. Illegally.

Just to remind you on his earlier stance on illegal immigration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So Trump is flip-flopping on his primary policy position?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You guys are right! I'm totes voting hillary now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:

Which Trump position on immigration do you prefer: the old lie or the new lie?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"It's a joke!".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Sarxis wrote:

Presumably Trump has a lock on your vote.

But do you honestly think independents / minorities are more likely to vote for Trump after this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Another one of Trump's BEST people:

Katrina Pierson wrote:
[Trump] hasn't changed his position on immigration, he's changed the words that he is saying.

She said that in a CNN interview.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:

What qualities or positions does Trump have that make you support him?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was he being sarcastic this time? I can no longer tell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
growlley wrote:
Was he being sarcastic this time? I can no longer tell.
Now Ms Caulter has told him off yes.

Donny tells it like it is, utter bullshit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
Oooooooohhhh a political candidate tacking toward the center after winning a party's nomination. Where have I seen that before?

Just every damn election I've paid attention to.

Meh. Just shows Trump isn't as stupid as some people think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
Oooooooohhhh a political candidate tacking toward the center after winning a party's nomination. Where have I seen that before?

I think this particular strategy is stupid though. He just insured a good chunk of people who won the primary for him will stay home or vote Johnson. And I think it's too late of a flippy flop to win many moderates over.

I suspect this will hurt more than help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:

It is his primary platform plank. I'm glad to see him toning down the nativist rhetoric, but I don't think it's going to earn him very many votes at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
Shampoo4you wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

I think this particular strategy is stupid though. He just insured a good chunk of people who won the primary for him will stay home or vote Johnson. And I think it's too late of a flippy flop to win many moderates over.

I suspect this will hurt more than help.

Actually, I think it was the only strategy he could adopt. The people who voted for Trump in the primaries aren't even close to giving him enough votes to defeat Clinton. So he has to broaden his appeal, particularly with Hispanics. It makes sense. Now, will it work? Depends on too many variables to really make a judgment -- what if something really awful does up about Hillary? Or Trump trashes her in the first debate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fitt
Thailand
Chang Mai
flag msg tools
frumpish wrote:
"No citizenship," he [Trump] said. But he added, "Let me go a step further — they'll pay back-taxes; they have to pay taxes; there's no amnesty, as such, there's no amnesty, but we work with them."

I wonder if Trump realizes that the SC has ruled over 100 years ago that a Congress can't make a law that a later Congress can't change with a simple majority vote.

So, the "no citizenship" thing is a non-starter. At some future time the Dems will be able to let the people [Trump lets stay and become legal] have a path to citizenship.

I think the all pundits and most Repud voters already know this or assume it. So, his "no citizenship" thing is a useless unenforceable promise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.