Subject: 6 Player... Anyone attempt it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotta group of six on Saturday... They really want to play. Has anyone tried with 5 heroes and one Sins player? I expect balance issues...

there was talk of two people teaming up as either a hero or Sin but I typically don't like doing that. Or maybe six players is obviously not going to work and i am just not seeing that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I suppose the most obvious way is to have two players sit Sin side and contribute their brain. You could do a thing where you split the reaction tokens between them and that way at least they can feel like they're both taking turns, even if they're collaborating and using their Reaction token just to be the one to move the miniatures and roll the dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
You could try it, give Sin player an extra reaction token. See where it takes you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keene
msg tools
designer
Dark63 wrote:
You could try it, give Sin player an extra reaction token. See where it takes you.

I think the biggest problem would be that 5 heroes could occupy an awful lot of the board and the monsters wouldn't be able to move much.

In the case of this game, I think the most logical thing would just be to cycle the people playing as heroes. Heroes can die pretty fast so as soon as one goes down, cycle the other player in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
lordnine wrote:
Dark63 wrote:

I think the biggest problem would be that 5 heroes could occupy an awful lot of the board and the monsters wouldn't be able to move much.

The flip side is the Sins player would only need to kill 3 heroes to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atul Deshpande
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
lordnine wrote:
Dark63 wrote:

Map variants with added tiles and two kinds of acolytes? I think this could be a fun project!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kinda wonder how well a double-Sin game might work. Two sins, six or eight heroes on the board, bigger map? Could have smaller sets of heroes start out in different spots on the map. Once I try it out and get a feel for it maybe I'll see about writing a homebrew story. Still waiting on a shipping notification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.