Hide
5 Posts

Snowdonia» Forums » Rules

Subject: Contract Card Scoring rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dobby
msg tools
So I just started playing it this week, and I'm loving it so far! I just have one question regarding scoring of contract cards. If you can meet the requirements for a contract card are you OBLIGATED to do so or can you save the materials for another card later in the scoring?

For example cards #4 and #30, #30 gets scored first and then #4.

Card #30 requires 2x tracks.
Card #4 requires 2x buildings and 2x tracks.

In this case, if I only had 2x tracks left that I could allocate...can I save the for #4 or do I HAVE to play them on #30 since it gets scored first?

Thanks!

And great job Tony, between this and Guilds you are now one of my favorite designers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Robert
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You only score the contracts at the end of the game. When you score, you can choose whichever cards you qualify for but each building/track/resource can be used to score once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As said, you only commit to where the resources are used at the end. Although for helping me keep track of contracts, I will put the resources with the contracts as I go so I know what I still need for each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dobby
msg tools
silverrobert wrote:
You only score the contracts at the end of the game. When you score, you can choose whichever cards you qualify for but each building/track/resource can be used to score once.

Ah I should of clarified...I understand that you score them all at the end. The first couple times I played the game though, when it came to final scoring I thought that you HAD to score in a specific order.

The order is listed as:
- Excavate
- Tracks
- Etc...

So the first few times I played I thought that if you had an "Excavate" card you had to place your rubble on there and that you couldn't "save" it to use on a different card. So it sounds like I was making the game unnecessarily hard on myself. Does add a nice twist, which I kind of enjoyed haha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Train gamer, Euro gamer and War gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm intrigued that there have been two posts within a week(ish) where the poster refers to a perceived order for scoring cards. I have never got from the rulebook that there would be any order to scoring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.