$5.00
$15.00
$30.00
$20.00
Legolas Greenleaf
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a rules question on the scheme twist "Smash Two Dimensions Together." The card states that the Bank and Sewers do not exist. But if some hero cards with the "patrol" rule have you patrol the bank or sewers what do you do? For instance, Agent Venom has a card that says he gets +2 recruit if the Bank is empty and +2 attack if the bank is occupied. In a recent game we just treated it as if the bank was always empty. Otherwise the card would be completely useless. But I'm not sure that was the right call.

In general, how is patrol supposed to work when a scheme twist or some other effect takes away that part of the city?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the location doesn't exist, then the cards and powers that rely on those locations doesn't happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thud105 wrote:
If the location doesn't exist, then the cards and powers that rely on those locations doesn't happen.

Yep, so Agent Venom is particularly useless in this scheme.

Also, as I understand it effects referring to the rooftops, streets or bridge only apply to the usual city, and not to the parallel one above it in this scheme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Legolas Greenleaf
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies. Well, bummer.

As for the patrol ability not working on the parallel rooftops, streets, etc. I'm not sure I follow the thinking there. What would make you think those places wouldn't be "patrollable" in this Scheme Twist?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I remember reading a clarification somewhere to that effect. I think the reasoning was that the scheme just says it is a parallel city with three spaces above the normal city, it doesn't give those city spaces names
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.