Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie Meister
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just finished my first play of the Tourney Scenario, playing as US. During the actual game, the only scores I kept tally of were the Conference wins, adding everything else at the very end. I won one, USSR and UK each won two. In this game, Germany surrendered on the last turn and I spent two production to almost guarantee getting to the Trinity space of the A-Bomb (I did), so Japan also surrendered. One note: the UK reached Central Italy before US reached Normandy.

So assuming I scored everything correctly, US and UK scored 41, USSR 38. Very close, and since I ended in the Trinity space, I won. Also, US and UK ended with one German tech marker each.

Below is a screenshot. Did I get the final score correct? Thanks for any input. What a nerve wracking game! Great fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rosenberg
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I plugged all the information from your picture into the Excel scoresheet available here: (https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/122041/excel-scoresheet-c....

The final scores I got were:
US 46
UK 44
USSR 42

Not sure where the discrepancy is coming from, but either way the US is the winner, and that's what matters
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sloop hmsstarling
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Eddie,

Looks like a great game with Churchill and Roosevelt trying to outdo each other while suppressing Stalin!

I came to the same overall result as you with the US winning and UK second, but the score was a little different. I used the spread sheet in the File Section "Churchill Scoresheet v1.6 Fred Mod 2" and calculated the score as US 46, UK 44, and USSR 35.

I'm not sure where this differs from your scoring, but from your screenshot and using the spreadsheet, I came up with:

US 1 conference=3, 3 PA markers=9, 10 CN markers w/o PA=10, Trinity=3, Germany Surrenders=8 with Technology marker=1, Northern Italy=2, SW Pac in Kyushu=5, and Emperor's Surrender=5, for a total of 46.

UK 2 conferences=6, 2 PA markers=6, 0 CN markers w/o PA=0, Trinity=3, Germany Surrenders=8 with Technology marker=1, Northern Italy=3, Central Italy first=2, US Inter Service Rivalry SW Pac too far ahead of Cen Pac=5, 2 Global=10, for a total of 44.

USSR 2 conferences=10, 4 PA markers=12, 0 CN markers w/o PA=0, Hanford=6, Prussia=2, US Inter Service Rivalry SW Pac too far ahead of Cen Pac=5, for a total of 35.

Lots of exciting Pol-Mil activity in this one!

Jan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Meister
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys! I should note that the UK also entered Germany on the last turn. I probably should've moved their block inside the Germany space a little further. That being the case, I don't the UK would've scored the 3 points for Northern Italy.

I think what won me the game was winning the 1/3 Pol/Mil issue on the last conference. With the 1 auto CN that everyone gets I had a total of four which all went in the Baltic States. Thinking about it afterwards, I realized I goofed a couple of rules. First, Stalin advanced several issues and I forgot to roll for Paranoid each time. I also placed a UK DO in the Germany space which I don't think is allowed either. Oh well, it was fun and I won't make those mistakes again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Mediterranean front can't move into Germany. It's not connected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sloop hmsstarling
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Eddie,

A short follow up note, the UK DO can be placed in front of any Front that can advance, even a Soviet one, so it could be placed in Germany in front of the US/UK Western Front or the Soviet Eastern Front. As Pete observed, the UK/US Mediterranean Front can't go into Germany, so the UK DO would not be used for the Med Front if it is at the end of its track in Northern Italy.

Also, just to be doubly sure about the scoring, the US/UK Blue Western Front scored 8 points for the US and 8 points for the UK, plus 1 Technology point each. The UK/US Green Med Front scored 3 for the UK and 2 for the US points in Northern Italy, the farthest point it could reach on its track.

Stalin's paranoia can be devastating when it occurs, especially if it is early in the conference, but it is pretty rare.

Enjoy your games!

Jan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.