Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Hart
United States
Saint Johns
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually try to visit Ollie's once a month to see what they have laying about. It looks like they have received quite a few board games. Case in point, Privateer Press' Grind at nearly half off what one would usually find it for.

For those unfamiliar,Ollie's is comparable to Big Lots with better pricing and it has expanded quite a bit in the lastfew years. It may be worth a trip if you have one near by.

Grind
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark camp
United States
Lesser Binghamton Area
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm this at Ollie's in Ithaca NY, and Scranton and Wilkes Barre PA as well.

They also have the Hobbit Unexpected Journey Co-op for $7.99, The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug (stand alone that works as an expansion) for $7.99, Scrappers for $6.99 and Arcane Legions Starters for $9.99.

Johnson City NY had only the Unexpected Journey and Arcane Legions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Zagst
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also in Cheektowaga New York. Pretty much everything Mark listed except the Arcane Legions. Thanks OP!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
MD - Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just went to the Ollie's in Aberdeen, MD, and found Arcane Legions, Scrappers, Toss Up (dice game for $2.49), and Igor: Life of the Party (card game, $3.99). These 4 games were in 3 different sections of the store. I went there for Scrappers, and almost gave up on finding it until I saw it out of the corner of my eye near where all the chips and snacks were.

There were plenty of copies of everything except for Igor, which was in an unsealed box that was pretty beat up. Based on my perusal of the rules, I'm thinking that if you did get it, someone at your game night is going to get beat up, as well. Calling out your opponents if they screw up is a major component of the game, and I don't see that ending well for anyone.

They also had Walking Dead Dice Game: Don't Look Back for $7.99, but based on what I'm seeing on Amazon for that game right now, that's not a discount. You'd lose money in the gas required to get to the store.

Thanks for the tip, OP!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
MD - Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also hit the Hanover, PA location while attending a family function today. They had Arcane Legions, Toss Up Dice, Scrappers, and both of the Hobbit games mentioned above. I really didn't see anything else of note.

Has anyone played the two Hobbit games? They didn't look bad, and they have a solo option, which is intriguing. For someone who has zero interest in the Hobbit franchise, is the game itself good enough?

FWIW - in the drink aisle, they had this stuff called Gusto Cola, which is an organic stevia-sweetened cola. $1.99 for a case of 12. Expectations were low, admittedly, but I liked it enough to where I'm going to go back there and buy whatever they have left tomorrow.

FYI - the Goodwill next door to the Ollies in Hanover has a copy of A-Maze-ing Labyrinth (by Ravensburger) for $1.97. I already have it, so I left it there. My kids and I really enjoy that game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
None of these, mentioned above, were at the Aiken, SC store. Maybe they haven't filtered down to the south yet.

They only games of note were Pizza Box Football and (barely of note) Mogul.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cannon Wolf
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Ollie's by me only has Joel Harden's Mogul for $8, which is still not worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lee
United States
Flowood
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Opelika, Al location had Arcane Legions and Mogul only soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Rountrey
United States
York
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
http://breakingthefreewillillusion.com/
badge
“I am a determinist. As such, I do not believe in free will. -Albert Einstein
mbmbmbmbmb
York,Pa Confirmed the following: 8-31-2016

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 5 copies

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 6 copies

Grind 7 copies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bristol VA had a few copies of Grind, the Hobbit, and Scrappers. Nothing else noteworthy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.