Millennium Blades» Forums » Variants

Subject: My Custom Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arthur Duarte
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I'll be posting up my custom cards here let me know about anything concerning balance or something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Duarte
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Duarte
United States
Florida
flag msg tools

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Case
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got some thoughts! I enjoy the mental exercise of discussing cards.

Ghost Alucard - A very potent effect, allowing 3 flips or unflips. The cost of two cards from hand is hefty indeed, making the player very vulnerable to discard effects, but nobody would ever do that if they could take from the binder... so remove the "or binder" bit and I think you have a great card.

Ghost Dullahan - "When you clash gain 5RP" is Deckbox levels of potent. Even Matsu the Butcher, a super-rare, only gives you 8RP, and only when you win using him. Perhaps "After a clash involving this card, you may discard an attached card to gain 8RP"

Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit - That counter-flip is too strong for a 5* as a reaction, especially since it has the ever potent un-flip ability. Maybe "TOP: You may discard a card from your hand and flip this to flip a card an opponent just played."

Ghost Reaper & Winter Cherries - To potent as ongoing. Maybe make it a reaction instead, with some risk involved. "Reaction: Use this reaction when a clash including you is declared. The loser of that clash flips the card used in the clash."

Ghost Angel of Mischief - Not sure what the +1 Star effect is doing, thematically. The other effect seems appropriately potent for the pack's rare. If you want to give her a second ability, consider something that goes with the set's themes like "Ongoing: At the start of each of your turns, you may discard a card from your hand to flip a card with an equal star rating."

Ghost Mansion - Unflipping is way too powerful an ability to allow constant usage. Maybe just "Action: Flip a card in your tableau. If you do, unflip a different card in your tableau."

And onto the Yu-gi-oh toon set.

Toon Kingdom - Seems balanced. Should be Star rated at the N-1 slot for the pack, though (4, in this case?).

Blue Eyes Toon Dragon - Wording on the Ongoing effect is confusing. Maybe instead "Ongoing-Toon: When a clash involving one of your Toons resolves, treat all non-toon cards in the clash as having a star rating of 1." Which is a really potent ability, but this is the rare in the pack, after all, so it's probably fine.

Red Eyes Toon Dragon - It would be neat to see more Toon synergy with unique ongoing effects, rather than the same one. Maybe "Ongoing-Toon: All non-toon cards are considered to have -1 Star," since that synergizes with it's score effect. The score effect seems appropriately difficult to pull off as a 6 star (though remove "tied" with the suggested ondoing effect).

Toon Barrel Dragon - Seems fine, but since I'm on a kick with the above "unique ongoing effects" suggestion, I'd suggest: "Ongoing-Toon: All toon cards are considered to have +1 star."

Toon Cyber Dragon - This is the common 3x in the pack, so the "my toons win all clashes" effect is far too potent, here. Maybe "Ongoing-Toon: During clashes, all non-toon cards are considered to have -1 Stars." It's a nice, miniature version of the other effect.

Toon Book Deck - Name could use some workshopping, I think. Language could be cleaned up, as well. "Action: Attach this deckbox to a non-toon card. It is gains 'Toon' in front of its name and 'Ongoing-Toon' this card has +1 Star for every Toon in play". The score effect is great, but since you can only have 5 toons anyhow (6 with a card marker) you might want to make it -6 RP or -7RP each with no maximum.

Thanks for sharing these!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Case
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, more cards!

Sylvan Mikorange - 2 on each card in your tableau might be a little strong. Maybe 3 on a card, or 1 on each.

Sylvan Cherubsrpout - I really like this one. You can potentially interrupt an opponent's turn, which is cool.

Sylvan Marshalleaf - Targeted flip on all opponents is too strong, especially for a 3 Star. "Each opponent chooses and flips a card in their tableau" would be more sane, I think.

Sylvan Peaskeeper - +1 Point for adorable pun! Might want to make it excavate-play for consistency with the set, but that discard effect is really cool.

Sylvan Princessprout - Seems well balanced. Either cancels discard effects, or scores a bunch of points.

This set needs a deckbox, I think, but it would probably be something along the lines of: Sylvan Forest - "Your deck may contain two additional singles. Ongoing: Whenever you discard a card, place Star tokens on this deckbox equal to its Star rating. At the end of the tournament gain X RP for each star token on this deckbox." I don't know if X should be 1 or two for balance.

Definitely my favorite of the three I've seen so far. It's easy to understand, synergizes with itself, and also synergizes with other underplayed sets like TaNaNaNah and Pirates. I'd consider printing this one and shuffling it into my store deck as-is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Duarte
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Just added another new set and ill be fixing cards as i get suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Case
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Madolche Set

First thing's first, the Star ratings aren't quite correct. The "common" card should be a 2, and the Deckbox should be a 3. That's not to say there's a hard and fast rule about this, though all of the printed MB sets follow it, but if you're going to adjust the Star balance for a pack type it should be a core part of that set's theme (EX: Legend of Final Badass).

Overall Comments

* "Remove this card form the board" should say "Return this card to your binder." There's no "exile" or similar location in Millennium Blades other than the box, and I don't think that was the intention.
* This set is really interesting. These are cards that are all "placeholders" in your tableau, allowing you to delay you to get extra turns, actions, and delay your most potent cards until everyone else's boards are full. However, you also can't play too many of them, because you can only bring 8 cards to a tournament! That's a fun design space, though I immediately worry about comboing the extra turns with the Lightning Bug Deckbox - I don't know how you'd counter that strategy.
* Consider making all of the common flip effects (the remove from board ones) "Sweet-Flip:" for flavor

Madolche Chickolates - Well balanced for the common. The second effect should read: "You can move any card in your tableau to another empty slot in your tableau", just to alleviate confusion.

Madolche Mewfeuille - Fun card. Very situational, but perfect in the right deck, especially a Fire flip deck. Mechanically, it would make more sense to be dark or fire elemental rather than light.

Madolche Cruffssant - Having to remember which card can't gain RP is a little annoying, but a necessary balance. It's not really any more annoying than remembering the state of Forboeding-play.

Madolche Baaple - Great card. Targeted delayed flip is interesting to play around.

Madolche Hootcake - There isn't a "discard pile", unfortunately. I think this card is powerful enough with just the play effect - that flexibility is ridiculously good on its own, especially since this card doesn't take up a tableau slot with the Madolche effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.