Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys-
Do any of the English versions/printings have updated (read: easy to read) fonts and player Aides and better art?

Thanks

Updating my question after receiving the first response.
Can someone show a comparison between the first and newest English edition printings':
A) fonts used for boards and cards
B) content of player aides and boards
C) scoring track

Those are the big things that make the game difficult the play. It is hard to tell what it going on at a glance. As such, I've traded my copy away, but want to get it back... But only if at least some of the above has been fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Any Englisg editions with updated art, fonts, player aides?
Than what? There are currently two English editions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will look into that. I was told the box was all that changed. I guess that wasn't true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You won't have the more recent graphics from the international edition, if that's what you're searching for. I don't think it has ever been printed in english under that form.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I honestly don't know what's out there and just want to know if there is an English version fixed the issues that make it hard for me to play the game.

I've updated my post with a more specific question, as I couldn't find an answer in the images section or versions page.

Edit again:
Is the international edition mentioned above actually "multilingual" and if so, is English one of the languages?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OutOfHabit wrote:
Edit again:
Is the international edition mentioned above actually "multilingual" and if so, is English one of the languages?

Unfortunately not. I shouldn't say multilingual, actually, as each box has a distinct language. Those editions (French, Italian, Spanish...) all popped up around the same time with the same improved graphics, but English wasn't part of them, for licensing reasons.

While some people like the original old-school look, I tend to find the newer cards a bit more legible, even though they kept a quill handwriting script-like font.

None of the editions features a "clean" font made for readability, though this could be easy to do with sleeves and paste-ups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.