Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So will the app allow someone to play who is not physically in the room as the game?

Like, one person has the game and app, and then a friend located some place else also has the app.

Can they play the game together via the app?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There isn't any information available about the SWIA app other than it's being worked on. Rumors are even calling that into question (EA licensing crap). Knowing how the Descent and Mansions of Madness apps work, I'd have to say "no". App data is not shared between devices and doesn't run on the network during operation. This means any random events or randomized enemy combat effects would be different for different people running the app.

The app also doesn't feature all the game data, only items you can interact with and the layout of the board. The person not with the game board would have no idea where figures are on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well in that case, I hope they read this post and try to make the app share data so others can play who arent in the room
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honest question: why would they? This is still supposed to be a board game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergely Kovacs
msg tools
"The day we stop exploring is the day we commit ourselves to live in a stagnant world, devoid of curiosity, empty of dreams." - Neil deGrasse Tyson
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, there are five or six topics about the app already. Did we really need another one...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bassman211 wrote:
Well in that case, I hope they read this post and try to make the app share data so others can play who arent in the room

None of the FFG apps handle board position (other than where things start); that's what the boardgame part is for.

Even if the app shared data, it is not much use if you can't see the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bassman211 wrote:

I believe what you are looking for is Vassal/Tabletop Simulator/Tabletopia or the Play by Forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.