5 Posts

Dark Souls: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Addition of pillars rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corban Caldwell
msg tools
mbmb
Hello all! I just wanted to hear your thoughts about adding pillars to the boardgame. It would have many benifits such as being neat scenery pieces but also add to the tactical aspect of gameplay. My best idea (that ill admit i thought of in a hasty 3 minutes) is as follows:
1) pillars do NOT block movement into a node or block line of sight for any figure.
2) if a hero is sharing a node with a pillar, he is always considered "behind" it. This purpose is so if a boss were to move towards that hero and enters the same node containing a pillar it (the boss) would lose any remaining movement and/or immediatly end its turn (destroying the pillar in the process, removing the token/mini from the board). Or if the boss doesnt have enough movement to enter the same node but can still attack from an adjacent node it would protect the player (and again destroy the pillar in the process).

This gives players more tactical choices in combat because so far you can either move out of the bosses movement range or remember what move comes next and avoid that arc in order to be safe from damage. But this allows you to still be within movement range and/or the bosses attack arc and still be safe for 1 turn to drink an estus flask and prepare for the following attacks. Sorry if this is a bit wordy but ive done the best i can with how tired i currently am. Thanks for reading this lengthy bit and i hope to hear any additions/modifications you guys can think of!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmb
I'd love to hear Smough and Asylum Demon's thoughts about that, given how they love destroying pillars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Treasure
United Kingdom
Romsey
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good idea Sir!

Hopefully they've thought of this but suspect the community will add it quicksmart if not! Tons of cool plastic/clay models out there that could be used too.

SirCaldwell98 wrote:
Hello all! I just wanted to hear your thoughts about adding pillars to the boardgame. It would have many benifits such as being neat scenery pieces but also add to the tactical aspect of gameplay. My best idea (that ill admit i thought of in a hasty 3 minutes) is as follows:
1) pillars do NOT block movement into a node or block line of sight for any figure.
2) if a hero is sharing a node with a pillar, he is always considered "behind" it. This purpose is so if a boss were to move towards that hero and enters the same node containing a pillar it (the boss) would lose any remaining movement and/or immediatly end its turn (destroying the pillar in the process, removing the token/mini from the board). Or if the boss doesnt have enough movement to enter the same node but can still attack from an adjacent node it would protect the player (and again destroy the pillar in the process).

This gives players more tactical choices in combat because so far you can either move out of the bosses movement range or remember what move comes next and avoid that arc in order to be safe from damage. But this allows you to still be within movement range and/or the bosses attack arc and still be safe for 1 turn to drink an estus flask and prepare for the following attacks. Sorry if this is a bit wordy but ive done the best i can with how tired i currently am. Thanks for reading this lengthy bit and i hope to hear any additions/modifications you guys can think of!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T H
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
I'd love to hear Smough and Asylum Demon's thoughts about that, given how they love destroying pillars.

Or the stray demon's pillar smashing AOE attacks, or Aldrich the god eaters long range pillar smashing magics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corban Caldwell
msg tools
mbmb
Thankyou! I have sent this to the steamforged contact email several days ago but recieved no reply. I thought id post one here to see how the rest of the community thinks about it and so far we seem to be in agreement.

Edit: I wish there was a pdf ruleset to download inorder to test this out but ive only seen a handful of cards from the demo videos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.