Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pence's reaction...

This is priceless.

I don't think I've ever seen a vice presidential candidate laugh because the presidential candidate said something so stupid before.

It goes on to be more serious and Pence makes a great recovery but just the first 30 seconds is priceless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's nice to have a dream and a goal to aim for 2020 not so bad - shame he is standing in 2016.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
growlley wrote:
It's nice to have a dream and a goal to aim for 2020 not so bad - shame he is standing in 2016.
But it does imply he does intend to stand again, win or lose, the Donny Wagon will just roll on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
growlley wrote:
But it does imply he does intend to stand again, win or lose, the Donny Wagon will just roll on.

No, I think Trumps point was that he will help to remove regulations and help create jobs back here in the USA.

Black folks who are a much higher rate of unemployment would have more opportunity and then be able to get out of the crippling financial plantations that the progressives have created since they stated the "war on poverty".

I would laugh if it were not so sad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
growlley wrote:

No, I think Trumps point was that he will help to remove regulations and help create jobs back here in the USA.

Black folks who are a much higher rate of unemployment would have more opportunity and then be able to get out of the crippling financial plantations that the progressives have created since they stated the "war on poverty".

Exactly what regulations are you referring to that seem to be stifling employment opportunities?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
growlley wrote:

Blacks have always had higher rates of unemployment, even before evil bigness regulation, they have also traditionally had higher levels of poverty.

The problem is not jobs, it's education and access.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Alexandria (temporarily)
Virginia
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
growlley wrote:

No, I think Trump's implication was his first term would be so winning for black Americans that they would all support him for re-election. I don't see Trump running in 2020 if he doesn't win in 2016.

I was surprised to see Pence laugh. Most experienced politicians have a better poker face than that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
growlley wrote:

No, I think Trump's implication was his first term would be so winning for black Americans that they would all support him for re-election. I don't see Trump running in 2020 if he doesn't win in 2016.
Good point, you may well be right
Quote:

I was surprised to see Pence laugh. Most experienced politicians have a better poker face than that.
I think this reflects just how seriously he takes this election.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:
Exactly what regulations are you referring to that seem to be stifling employment opportunities?
The ones that prevent chain gangs. It kills some conservatives that they can't put all those incarcerated men (mostly black) to work for pennies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe what Trump meant is that he was going to send all the African Americans back to Africa. The only ones who would be allowed to remain are those who voted for him in the last election.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
growlley wrote:

I do agree with you that the Democrats are one of the biggest problems the blacks have, but I also don't think the Republicans offer any viable solutions either. I fail to see how lowering taxes on the rich, giving everyone a free gun, cutting public school funding, or allowing bakers to discriminate against gays is going to help blacks get better jobs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
growlley wrote:

I do agree with you that the Democrats are one of the biggest problems the blacks have, but I also don't think the Republicans offer any viable solutions either. I fail to see how lowering taxes on the rich, giving everyone a free gun, cutting public school funding, or allowing bakers to discriminate against gays is going to help blacks get better jobs.

There is also that history of the GOP trying to suppress minority voting. That does has a tendency to turn off minority voters
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Does ANYONE here actually understand the Constitution? The government can pour all the money it has into building better schools, fixing streets, requiring landlords to upgrade housing, etc. ... but it CAN'T order businesses to relocate or open operations in impoverished areas, and THAT is the only way to really solve the issue faced by poor inner-city and rural Americans. So, unless the rightists want to totally shred the Constitution, we can't really get much traction on this issue via the government.

And depending on the kindness of corporate leaders? Yeah, how's that working out, America?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:

Which industry and which state ? For example in my state of Iowa, we have had hair and nail schools lobby to get laws for every person cutting hair to get a state license.

To get a state license you have to have hours of experience in... wait for it...

..one of the states registered schools of cosmetology that lobbied for the laws !

So not only do you have to pay these fake schools to get your license, you then have to renew it with the state. and thank god for that, because we no longer have any bad haircuts !

A new fake barrier to entry has been created that simply funnels money to these lobbyists who funnel it to the politicians who make these types of laws.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
abadolato01 wrote:

Which industry and which state ? For example in my state of Iowa, we have had hair and nail schools lobby to get laws for every person cutting hair to get a state license.

To get a state license you have to have hours of experience in... wait for it...

..one of the states registered schools of cosmetology that lobbied for the laws !

So not only do you have to pay these fake schools to get your license, you then have to renew it with the state. and thank god for that, because we no longer have any bad haircuts !

A new fake barrier to entry has been created that simply funnels money to these lobbyists who funnel it to the politicians who make these types of laws.

States Rights!!!

How is Trump as president going to remove State regulations?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
abadolato01 wrote:

GODDAMN THAT FUCKING OBAMoh wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:

States Rights!!!

My example was for my state, your mileage may vary also ,you don't think the President can influence state policy ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
jmilum wrote:

States Rights!!!

My example was for my state, your mileage may vary also ,you don't think the President can influence state policy ?

I asked you how would Trump remove those State Regulations. So how?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
It stands to reason that the majority of black voters will eventually realize that Democrats see black people as a large homogeneous voting herd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
broken clock wrote:
It stands to reason that the majority of black voters will eventually realize that Democrats see black people as a large homogeneous voting herd.
Like Christians will realize that Republicans see them as the same?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:

Start a new thread and I will be happy to enlighten you. I cant keep chasing your strawmen. It appears to be your new form of engagement. semantics and starwmen.

On a federal level, he could merely follow Obama's lead http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2011/01/18/18greenwire-obama-is...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
jmilum wrote:

Start a new thread and I will be happy to enlighten you. I cant keep chasing your strawmen. It appears to be your new form of engagement. semantics and starwmen.

On a federal level, he could merely follow Obama's lead http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2011/01/18/18greenwire-obama-is...

I need to start a new thread to discus a point you brought up? Weird.

It's also not a strawman to directly address your own point. I thought you were going to look up that term so you would no how to use it correctly?

I'm glad you approve of Obama's actions here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
I need to start a new thread to discus a point you brought up? Weird.

Yes if it goes off into the weeds, like your does.

jmilum wrote:
It's also not a strawman to directly address your own point. I thought you were going to look up that term so you would no how to use it correctly?

Oh I see your confusion, you inserted yourself into the discussion. go back and look up the original question to me. You merely took my question/example and wandered off into the weeds with it.

jmilum wrote:
I'm glad you approve of Obama's actions here.

I approve of several things BHO has done and not done. The difference between you and I is that I don't require any virtue signalling or approval form the crowd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.