Rob van Wijngaarden
Netherlands
Amsterdam
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Could not find it in the rules, and it seems a strong strategy to create a lot of species so that you gain lots of cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robvw wrote:
Could not find it in the rules, and it seems a strong strategy to create a lot of species so that you gain lots of cards.

Have you tried it? After a while it gets a bit difficult to feed them all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
It works for a turn or two, but it's really difficult to keep them all alive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob van Wijngaarden
Netherlands
Amsterdam
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
I tried in a two player game. After two turns it was indeed very difficult to feed them, but then i turned 5 of them into carnivours with size 2 3 4 5 and i first ate my opponents creatures and then my own carnivores. The result was devastating so i worried that it might not be legel. But if it is then i think when i try this again my opponent will stop me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
As others said, first, you'll have to feed them all.

Second, an oposing player will just go Carnivore and devour you. With so many species, you won't have enough cards to raise all of their body sizes or put enough defenses on all of them.

Good luck with that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a legitimate strategy and one that is very useful at the right time. It's the riskiest tactic but has the highest payoff. I will always do it if I don't think there are any Carnivores in play and there is enough food for the round. If they survive, the cards replace themselves and you get a food point for each one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:
As others said, first, you'll have to feed them all.

Second, an oposing player will just go Carnivore and devour you. With so many species, you won't have enough cards to raise all of their body sizes or put enough defenses on all of them.

Good luck with that...

This. You can spam as many species as you want/are able to. But, the next turn there's going to be a lot of extinction via starvation and getting eaten.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robvw wrote:
I tried in a two player game. After two turns it was indeed very difficult to feed them, but then i turned 5 of them into carnivours with size 2 3 4 5 and i first ate my opponents creatures and then my own carnivores. The result was devastating so i worried that it might not be legel. But if it is then i think when i try this again my opponent will stop me.

Yeah it might work on an unsuspecting or inexperienced opponent, especially in a 2-player game. But someone that knows what their doing won't let you get away with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.