12 Posts

Dead of Winter: The Long Night» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Anita Wallace (survivor) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MGJ Nijkamp
msg tools
The special states:

"ANYWHERE: Once per round, during your turn, you may kill 1 zombie at Anita's location without rolling for exposure or place 1 wound token on a survivor that shares a location with Anita."

Is it really an option ? rolling for exposure or place 1 wound token ??? Why would I want to do the second ? Or is it wrong on the card and should it be and ???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacky Blue
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming this isn't a typo: Useful if the survivir is an exiled survivor, or if Anita has been exiled, or indeed if Anita as a betrayer and just needs one more kill to hit moral and goes in search if a wounded survivor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chemist .
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is not a typo. I would take great satisfaction if I was the betrayer, and I suddenly sprung the latter ability on someone just in time for morale to drop to zero, reveal my secret objective with the fulfilled conditions, and win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Kassel
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My Question is:

Possibility 1: Kill one Zombie without exposure

Possibility 2: Do not kill a Zombie but hurt a survivor

Possibility 3: Kill a Zombie and hurt a survivor

What can I do now?

In my Opinion i can choose between Pos 1 and Pos 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGJ Nijkamp
msg tools
Thanks for all the replies.

And Yes, I read it as Possibility 1 and 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read this card as these two possibilities: "Kill 1 zombie, no roll for exposure" OR "cause 1 wound on a survivor"

Now I re-read it, I suppose it could be the other interpretations too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also read it as

Quote:
"Kill 1 zombie, no roll for exposure" OR "cause 1 wound on a survivor"

Once we got to actually playing and getting to know the character more, it really fit. Play a few games to see some crossroads cards, she's a really awesome character!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's OR. "Kill 1 zombie without rolling for exposure" OR "wound 1 survivor".

The point is Anita is not trustworthy. She can easily turn on the group, if in the hands of a betrayer.

And her Crossroads card*s* communicate that flavor even further.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't trust everyone in the zompocalypse! But it doesn't mean you might not need them... whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Free zombie kill a turn certainly is awesome, as long as she's on your side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the others have said, you get a choice of free zombie kill OR you can wound another survivor at your location. She is an interesting characters and I believe the only character with multiple crossroad cards for her. Basically, you don't know what she will do or whose side she is really on.

She's is one of the more interesting characters, I think and I hope if they add more in the future they continue to investigate this sort of concept. A character who, much like the rest of the game, has uncertain and unquestionable motives.

Honestly though, I think her ability comes from the need to make certain secret objectives that involve wounds or even deaths easier to accomplish. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but that is my suspicion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It also immediately casts suspicion on a player if they choose to add her to their group at the beginning of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.