Subject: 4th Mission Glitch? (SPOILERS) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doing a solo game of the really long mission (forget the name, can't check in app). Got to the 2nd day, went to residential area. Saw Gilman in her house, tried to suggest that her teapot was boiling (test influence, I failed). It then gave me two options...
1) oh my mistake
2) can you please get me some water?

I chose 2), and then nothing happened. No more text followed and i was allowed to continue with other actions, I could even end the investigator phase. Pressing on gilman again however did not give me any options/she didn't respond.

I did a save and quit, and when loaded, the game prompted me again choice 1 and 2 from before. Choosing 2) again locked up gilman as before, no response.I gave up and chose option 1) and she responded normally.

Did this happen to anyone? Does anything significant happen if option 2) was actually allowed to play out (keep spoilers to a minimal if possible).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Knight Games
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We didn't see the glitch that you describe, but definitely had other glitches during a 3 hour session. The best one was this message (instead of the event text):

MYTHOSEVENT_BIRDSONG_02

The worst problem was not showing where the monsters where spawned during the main combat encounter. We just got the spawn text and the view panned, but no indication of actual placement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janne
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sbilbey wrote:
The best one was this message (instead of the event text):

MYTHOSEVENT_BIRDSONG_02

That's exactly the same I saw in second mission. Report didn't probably make it in time for 1.0.4 but there will be more patches, most certainly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali B

California
msg tools
mbmb
Didn't run into that particular glitch during Rising Tide (as we didn't pick that chain of dialogue), but there was one instance where the same text popped up twice in a row during one of the days, which I thought was a bit odd, but shrugged off. There was no choice associated with it, just a continue, so I'm not sure if that made a difference.

Then, more problematically, the named creatures spawned TWICE on the final day, in two different places. We ended up just ignoring the second instances, but it was fairly game-breaking. Uncertain if this has happened to anyone else, but we reported the bug.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Poor
United States
Dexter
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
sbilbey wrote:

The worst problem was not showing where the monsters where spawned during the main combat encounter. We just got the spawn text and the view panned, but no indication of actual placement.

We had this happen tonight - very frustrating. It referred to suspects transforming into Deep One hybrids when the suspects had never been placed on the map, and spawned other monsters with only a vague indication of their location (map scrolled to the area, but no icon on the map).

Made the exciting final end battle more of a frustrating, confusing end that we had to try to figure out what was happening, decide where to place the monsters, then try to win. We were already frustrated by the rather worthless nature of most of the 'investigation' interactions, and this just made the whole game seem like a waste of time. Great concept, poorly executed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.