Five Tribes» Forums » General

Subject: 3 meeples each tile rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ragnar Iceblood
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do anybody else redraw, if when you setup the game, get a tile with 3 of the same color?

We feel it gives to much of an advantage/or that you are forced to focus on that tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The bidding mechanic in this games makes that an interesting starting set-up, I'd say. We never withdraw or change anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
warlin wrote:
Do anybody else redraw, if when you setup the game, get a tile with 3 of the same color?

We feel it gives to much of an advantage/or that you are forced to focus on that tile.

We don't. The bidding seems to balance out "obvious" moves like that rather well, and it's unlikely that a single move would determine the game in that early phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin LB
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do redraw when I play with beginners. Not otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina Bushey
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No re-drawing here as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rathbun
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We let the meeples fall where they may.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gough
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it feels like a "polite" thing to do if you're playing a newcomer to the game. Otherwise you could possibly jump ahead in the first few moves before they know what's going on.

But generally, the Meeples stay where they were drawn. Let the bidding even things out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.