Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a pattern to the Stretch Goals?

We have had:

Fields
Livestock
Custom Components
Construction
Building
Events
Construction

Fields
Livestock

And the next one is going to be a construction card.

So- is there a pattern here? And if so, what do you think will be next?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They're sets of new cards (sets of 4, one of each kind), interspersed with other SGs. Note that the crop circle is the essen promo and not part of a set, thus we currently have 2 out of 4 from the current set unlocked (strawberries and watchdogs) and the 3rd one announced (likely apiary). I'd doubt that they would throw in a special SG when there's just one card of the set left, so I'd say the next one will be a new Building at 75k.

Now, a bit more interesting, imo, would be what comes after that. Personally, I'd really like to see component upgrades 1) for the card quality and 2) for the coins and VP tokens (even if it's just an art update, though in that case it shouldn't really be a SG). Content wise, I'd also like to see some new equipment to go with all those new cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Tobias!
I think so too... what building would you like to see? I think I'd like something like a spring house or a well house to refill the water towers.

As to upgraded components, I've been saying all along I would like metal coins...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Gretchen,

didn't even notice that it was you at first ^^

I understand that some really like metal coins (I'm pretty take it of leave it regarding those), but in the end it all comes down to (production) cost. If I had to decide between metal coins and two or three smaller SGs, I'd choose the latter every time.

As for the building, I really like the idea of riding stables that give you points for nearby open areas (seems to be the official name for flipped over cards) that you or your guests can gallop across.
A spring or well house would also be useful, but I get the feeling that might fit better as a construction (too bad we don't have all that many examples for buildings and construction to judge this by)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
More cards the better to me. Variety of the cards is necessary for replayability and different strategies.

Keep the cards coming, everything else looks fine to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Rompot
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really know very little about this game but am a backer, so please excuse me lack of knowledge.

What is the method for introducing the additional cards to the core game? Do you just pick the ones you like and add them? Are there any potential issues with using all of them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
krompot wrote:
I really know very little about this game but am a backer, so please excuse me lack of knowledge.

What is the method for introducing the additional cards to the core game? Do you just pick the ones you like and add them? Are there any potential issues with using all of them?

Just throw them all in there. Well, the regular cards anyway (fields, livestock, constructions, buildings). There's also been a SG for 8 event cards, those seem to be an optional module. But for the normal cards, I can't see drawbacks to using all of them, it'll only increase variety. (okay, one, there may be extreme cases where, if we unlock very many cards and you're only playing with 2 players the balance may shift to slightly weaken cards that reward 'collect multiple copies of the same card'. But even then, it'll hardly break the game, just shift the focus onto different strategies)

---

WBuchanan wrote:
More cards the better to me. Variety of the cards is necessary for replayability and different strategies.

Keep the cards coming, everything else looks fine to me.

I'd also like to see an additional run of 4, or maybe even two of those. But there are also other things that could use a SG, a nice finish for the cardboard being #1 for me. Also, diverse stretch goals tend to motivate backers more, so we'd likely end up with the same number of cards in both cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Looking for resources in how to grow in friendship, unity, and/or intimacy in marriage? - Ask me!
badge
More Woo-Hoo Gamer reviews coming throughout 2017!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a backer (yet) as I'm still not 100% sure it's worth the expense. But in my opinion, the more cards, the better.

That said, one SG may need to be an increase in the number of sleeves available for add-on. It looks like 200 sleeves may not be enough if the cards keep coming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
WooHoo1 wrote:
I'm not a backer (yet) as I'm still not 100% sure it's worth the expense. But in my opinion, the more cards, the better.

That said, one SG may need to be an increase in the number of sleeves available for add-on. It looks like 200 sleeves may not be enough if the cards keep coming.

If the next SG after the current one is a new building and we unlock that, we'll be at 201 cards. Though I must say that I'd be severely disappointed if the sleeve-addons don't grow to match that automatically. As you said, this is an expensive game and because of that Artipia will have to be excellent in other aspects of the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois L-C
Canada
St-Bruno-de-Montarville (Near Montreal)
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

As others have noted the pattern is always to get 3 nes card of each type, sometimes, with some other one in between (like the events and the Essen promo).

I also personally prefer more contents (cards) so they can continue offering more. But what I would really like to see is more Events cards, as for now we only have 8 and we play 4 per games, so we will see the same cards a lot. At 16 cards (8 more event cards), this could really add some variability and thus replayability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Looking for resources in how to grow in friendship, unity, and/or intimacy in marriage? - Ask me!
badge
More Woo-Hoo Gamer reviews coming throughout 2017!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tobl wrote:
WooHoo1 wrote:

If the next SG after the current one is a new building and we unlock that, we'll be at 201 cards. Though I must say that I'd be severely disappointed if the sleeve-addons don't grow to match that automatically. As you said, this is an expensive game and because of that Artipia will have to be excellent in other aspects of the campaign.

As you've likely seen, cost of sleeves as an add-on has increased. In actuality, the cost of sleeves has remained the same, but the fact that more are needed means an addition pack has been added,and the price has gone up to reflect that.

Looks like a great game - it really does. But I purchased Agricola for $35, shipped. FoG is $50, and sleeves (which are recommended) make it even more.

I'm still likely going to back it, and hope for more cards, more event cards, and ultimately, better card quality. But I hope to see more SG's/cards added soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg G.
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
Looks like a great game - it really does. But I purchased Agricola for $35, shipped. FoG is $50, and sleeves (which are recommended) make it even more.

Why are the sleeves recommended? I often sleeve cards but never tiles. Now when I think of this - does FoG use tiles or cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
infi01 wrote:
Quote:

Why are the sleeves recommended? I often sleeve cards but never tiles. Now when I think of this - does FoG use tiles or cards?

They have a lot in common with tiles mechanically, but the components will be cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game uses cards and since it's a drafting game they are constantly passed from one player to the other. That is why using sleeves is recommended. It's not crucial - it's not like you can't play without having the cards sleeved - it just keeps the cards in good shape no matter how many times the game is played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg G.
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The new stretch goal is thicker card stock of 330 gsm. Does anyone know the "gsm" of the card stock that will be used in the Stronghold release, and also the thickness of cards in ATS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Stronghold release is also going to be Artipia's reprint so my guess is they are not going to be different.

However, as I've said before elsewhere, there is no point in asking anything about the reprint of the game right now since it's too far away - the 1st edition has not even been produced yet, how is any of the parties involved supposed to know what is going to happen between now and several months in the future?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilse
Belgium
Kortenberg
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which equipment tiles were stretch goals? I cant see a difference..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.