Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Hemming
Germany
Köln
flag msg tools
mb
Hey my friends,

I'm still not 100 % sure if my preorder for this game shall exist Im kind of intrigued by the combo of Deckbuilder/Adventure/solo playable and the chance to finally dive into the Arkham setting as I wasn't a fan of Akham/Eldritch cool. But what scares me of is the pricing for further expansions if I should actually get hooked.
Just curious if someone who invested into Lord of the Rings LCG can give me a short insight what to expect regarding pricing/content?

Thanks everyone!

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Colddie
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, in Poland the price of all FFG's LCG expansions are more of less the same for the smaller packs. So, a data/war/whatever pack is about 14 EUR (after recalculation from PLN). The spread is a bit bigger with the larger packs, I would say from about 21 to 26 EUR. These are prices "straight from the printing press", older packs usually are about 10%-20% cheaper unless they are of the most sought after ones. In such cases you are lucky if you can buy them at a regular price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In NZ the "monthly" packs are $30 and the "twice yearly" packs are $60, of course you would be in a better place to know how much LOTR/Netrunner/AGOT packs cost locally. FFG Schedules are very loose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say the small expansions will be the same price as the small expansions for any of their other games (Android: Netrunner and so forth).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Ferreira
Portugal
Viseu
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not into this LCG card thing, but this one caught my attention. But this post got me scared, what kind of money sink can i expect from this? How much does a Android: Netrunner and the likes get as expansions? One or two every year, or more?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Ithaca
NY
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ydernola wrote:
I'm not into this LCG card thing, but this one caught my attention. But this post got me scared, what kind of money sink can i expect from this? How much does a Android: Netrunner and the likes get as expansions? One or two every year, or more?

Netrunner typically gets around 10 expansions a year - mostly small packs, with one deluxe expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Melenyk
United States
Bellaire
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
However much you want to spend, it isn't required to buy every pack and big box.

But, given this game is much more story driven, you might feel compelled to pick up the next story expansion asap.
LOTR LCG usually did a big box, with 6 small packs from the big box right? I don't know the cycle timelines but it's not a new box every month. You'll have plenty of time. Forego a case of beer every couple months! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This one seems less like a money sink than Android to me, if only because you won't need to buy the packs ASAP to be able to stay competitive in Organized Play. You can just buy the packs at your leisure once you want to continue the story.

Well, in theory. In practice I expect they will be hard to find a few months after release, just like all the other LCG packs...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume that the pricing will be comparable to their other LCGs, however this one seems to be a little different since the player decks are smaller and you are allowed to have fewer copies of each card in your deck. Not sure if this will translate to more scenario related cards, more different player cards, or maybe even more room for including scenario specific cardboard tokens. I feel like we are going to be seeing more scenario specific tokens to put in the chaos bag either in the APs or the Deluxe boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Hemming
Germany
Köln
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for all the quick answers! Got a clearer view now!

In the end I just hope that after playing the Base Game I'll be so enamoured with the game to have no chance but to invest in further adventures! After all I'm still aware that the main thing you do is "getting clues" and that that is not the most awesome goal in a boardgame imo. So the "how" has to be top notch to get me hooked

keeping both fingers crossed that this will turn out great!

Have a nice weekend all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are going with the german translation of the game, prices will be a good deal lower than for the english game.

Roughly €23 for the Deluxe expansions and €13 for the smaller packs.

The english ones are around €33 and €16-18, typically.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.