Popular Tags: [View All]
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My heroes last night used Kirpan as the leader, but I had a question I know his ability says - Divine protection: All other hero's +1 defense, but I as wondering if anyone else thinks that it is supposed to be in Kirpans space. We played it all over the board, but That +1 to defense helped the heroes a lot. I was having trouble wounding the heroes. The other problem I had was some sin cards that eleminated the heroes base defense, Kirpan still gave them +1 plus any other bonuses.

The only way I was really able to hurt the heroes was through corruption, on my die rolls, after they were maxed out. My poor acolytes did nothing when fighting alone and my abominations didnt do much better alone.

Hindsight though I should've tried to kill kirpan as soon as I could, because after he was out the game swung towards me.

I dont think the ability is broken but is one of the better ones I believe. Not too mention Kirpan is very good as well. Just seems strange that its all over the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
warpi9 wrote:
My heroes last night used Kirpan as the leader, but I had a question I know his ability says - Divine protection: All other hero's +1 defense, but I as wondering if anyone else thinks that it is supposed to be in Kirpans space. We played it all over the board, but That +1 to defense helped the heroes a lot. I was having trouble wounding the heroes. The other problem I had was some sin cards that eleminated the heroes base defense, Kirpan still gave them +1 plus any other bonuses.

The only way I was really able to hurt the heroes was through corruption, on my die rolls, after they were maxed out. My poor acolytes did nothing when fighting alone and my abominations didnt do much better alone.

Hindsight though I should've tried to kill kirpan as soon as I could, because after he was out the game swung towards me.

I dont think the ability is broken but is one of the better ones I believe. Not too mention Kirpan is very good as well. Just seems strange that its all over the board.

My WAG (wild ass guess) is that it applies all over the board as he is one of the 'Men of Faith'. I believe these were put in mostly to help with the Apocalypse expansion that, if I understand correctly, make it harder for the heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Don't make me exile you.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Leader, Father Odin (Sons of Ragnarok) gives all heroes with 2+ wounds +1 die in combat. His ability is worded the same as this, and would be global IMHO.

And yes, you definitely would want to eliminate heroes with this sort of bonus first.

I would also add that i personally believe the best, and easiest, way to wound heroes and further minimize their effectiveness, is via corruption.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Duran
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unsurprisingly, I think MOST Leaders, due to their great buffs for the rest of their team, should be targets of priority for the Sins player and, similarly, FAITH players need to be careful about not properly screening them with Bruisers or sturdy Shooters. You only get one Leader, after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.