Hide
9 Posts

The Others» Forums » Rules

Subject: Summoning the controller rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Austin Blair
msg tools
I have been looking for this for a while and can't seem to figure it out and last night was the first game we played. I playing as the sins player could not figure out how to summon the pride controller, in the rule book it specifies that only monsters that have dies can be brought back on to board, so how do you get the controller on in the first place? The section of the story board makes it pretty clear when the avatar comes in but no mention of the controller. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Steinberg
United States
Commack
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The controller should start on the board with all of the other monsters. The setup listed with the map you selected should have that information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
Don't make me exile you.
mbmbmbmbmb
While I don't have my game in front of me, I believe the scenarios mark the controller on the map with a black dot and CT in its center.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
While I don't have my game in front of me, I believe the scenarios mark the controller on the map with a black dot and CT in its center.

Right, CT or CL. Every monster you have minus the avatar should have a place on the map to start at.

Abominations are AB, acolytes are AC, etc... a legend on each map or at least the first one would've been a nice addition IMO
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Blair
msg tools
thanks for the clarification on that, we may have been a little rushed during setup last night and it was something that just got missed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillean wrote:
locusshifter wrote:

Right, CT or CL. Every monster you have minus the avatar should have a place on the map to start at.

Abominations are AB, acolytes are AC, etc... a legend on each map or at least the first one would've been a nice addition IMO

I'm traveling right now so don't have my game with me, but pretty sure there's a legend on every map. Else I wouldn't have known how to set up for my first game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott LeBlanc
United States
Lyman
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if there was s a mission where the controller must be destroyed then the sins player spawns him/her when the mission starts. Same with the avatar.

Grizz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kind of piggy-backing on this, there is no special rule with the Controller, right? Like, he's just a slightly stronger monster? That's what I inferred and it's a bit disappointing. I just wish there was a thematic connection with him in some way, like the Avatar is summoned to his location, or the Avatar is weaker if the Controller is killed, or the Avatar can't be re-summoned the same turn as the Controller.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
TyDeL wrote:
Kind of piggy-backing on this, there is no special rule with the Controller, right? Like, he's just a slightly stronger monster? That's what I inferred and it's a bit disappointing. I just wish there was a thematic connection with him in some way, like the Avatar is summoned to his location, or the Avatar is weaker if the Controller is killed, or the Avatar can't be re-summoned the same turn as the Controller.

There are cards in the Sin decks that affect the Controller. Other than that, it functions the same as any normal monster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.