Subject: Scenarios for the Kickstarter content? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter content was pretty low on extra map tiles right?
Was there ever a promise of any actual scenarios which used it or was/is it just a whole bunch of "building blocks" to set up your own stuff?

I'm sure this has been answered before but ..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4 scenarios it seems?
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1524240/detailed-king-pledg...

I've always wondered how well the game will "last" so to speak.
I don't remember what the dungeon crawler with small pins on your character sheet you can move was called but I'm not all that much of a fan of that one even though others are. It may still be a top 100 game, there was a whole bunch of additional scenarios online for it .. Don't remember the name but ..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Bassiaux
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Claustrophobia ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wraith75 wrote:
Claustrophobia ?
Yeah. Just found it in another thread.

I can't really comment enough about Claustrophobia but that "enlengthened WW2 game" with "brain-jars" and Nazizombies whatever it was called I thought was the better game of those two =P

I don't really remember how Claustrophobia played but I think I could appreciate the simplicity in the design, as I can with Conan. Simpler and fast, quick and easy to nice. More game-play less mess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
What does Claustrophobia have to do with your original question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clanggedin Silverbeard
United States
SALEM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the scenarios

Barbarian pledge: 12 scenarios (8 in the scenario booklet + 4 in the scenario booklet that comes with the Map Stretch Goal)

King pledge: 16 scenarios (12 in the scenario booklet + 4 in the scenario booklet that comes with the Map Stretch Goal)

Campaign Book: 19 Scenarios (Requires King pledge)

Khitai Expansion: 4 Scenarios

Stygian Expansion: 4 Scenarios

Nordheim expansion: 4 scenarios

Monolith posted this last year on the KS page:

"But that’s not all! We want to have this ready to go with content for when the game launches! How are we going to do that? We are currently preparing FIFTY prototypes of the Conan game, which will be sent out to 50 different gaming clubs around the world. Their mission, should they choose to accept it, will be to develop at least one scenario in the 8 months before the game launches.

Now just to be clear, this is not a stretch goal or anything else. It’s a community tool that is very important to us and we would have developed it regardless of the campaign’s results.

When we include these 50 or so additional scenarios to the first tally, it means that by the time you receive your box, there will be over 100 scenarios ready for you to play."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
Monolith did reach out to playtesters months ago to give out game prototypes so that when the game itself was released, there'd be fan-created scenarios that were playtested and solid for owners.

Unfortunately, the english language recipients of these prototype kits never got the full rules, nor any advice on how to start balancing scenarios. It's rather complicated: as the players need both characters and gear and with no details or examples we were hamstrung with regards to making anything. I got a kit, and was able to log into their primarily french forum where there was a lot of posts that I had trouble reading. Hopefully some of these french fan generated scenarios are good and will get translated.

Upon release, I hope they still plan on having a robust fan-scenario submission and ranking system on their website. New scenarios are great, but I also want to make sure they're fun and balanced (i.e., rated and ranked by the game designers and players!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Groesbeck
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, don't most (all?) of the stretch goal and add-on minis come with a scenario that includes the mini? Maybe "come with" is the wrong word, perhaps the scenario will be on the website rather than packaged with the mini. But in any case, I thought they made a commitment that each mini would be included in at least one scenario.

Though maybe that was just for Overlord controlled minis. Heroes are supposed to be interchangeable, even though the scenarios do list recommended heroes. So they may not make unique scenarios for each Hero figure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.