Hide
9 Posts

Firefly: The Game» Forums » General

Subject: High Res image of the Verse rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Visagie
msg tools
Does anyone have a high res image or scan of the verse map or of the mat?

I want a 'Whole damn verse' mat but the thing is just too damn expensive here and im not a fan of the material it is printed on... not for its price.

so I want to get my own one made out of a mousmat type material.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Morris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're looking for Neoprene and about the best I've found is this one:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Piracy jobs have subjective morality, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Coxon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: High Res image of the Versehttps://cf.geekdo-static.com/images/editor/image.gif
I see there is a <printable map> in the downloads section.

There are a bunch of maps scattered throughout this thread too...
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/18943687

I don't want to scare you, but I did notice GerryRailBaron point out a graphic error with the rings around Three Hills in the map in the files section. That planet is supposed to be adjacent to 2 sectors in Rim space. I found the same issue with all the other player made maps as well. The original game pieces do not have this issue and you may be able to scan them yourself for personal use. Please don't post images of them here though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Visagie
msg tools
morris9597 wrote:

Thants a start I guess... problem with that image is the fact that there is a giant specular on the bottom half of it.

thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Morris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snake3y3s wrote:
morris9597 wrote:

Thants a start I guess... problem with that image is the fact that there is a giant specular on the bottom half of it.

thank you

soltaris above has submitted a couple other options that would probably work better for you. May want to check out his suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Saunders
United States
Hot Springs
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Soltaris wrote:

I don't want to scare you, but I did notice GerryRailBaron point out a graphic error with the rings around Three Hills in the map in the files section. That planet is supposed to be adjacent to 2 sectors in Rim space. I found the same issue with all the other player made maps as well. The original game pieces do not have this issue and you may be able to scan them yourself for personal use. Please don't post images of them here though.

That one is based on the map I put together. I'm working on fixing the error now for everybody.

Edit:

Well, that didn't take near as long as I thought it would.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Lamb

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pro-tip: Have it printed at 70% of full size. Still plenty big enough to play without taking up the whole damn table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Dent
Canada
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snake3y3s wrote:
...im not a fan of the material it is printed on... not for its price.

I agree. I was a bit disappointed with the mat too. I wanted a heavier more satisfying weight of material. It doesn't "feel" like it's worth what they charged.

But I like the idea of printing this image for use with the magnetic map idea mentioned here: [url]https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1649062/magnetic-firefly-bo... [/url]

A printed paper version could even be simply laminated with a thin sheet of metal backing for really slick "flat to the wall" frame-less look. Or even plaqued onto wood. Though the metal layer for the magnetic function might cause problems with the plaquing process. I think the plaqued look complete with black beveled edge would actually really suit the 'verse map image.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.