Subject: Any update on release to retailers/distributors? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Harvey Cohen
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmb
The sold hundreds of copies at Gencon and had hundreds stacked up at the end of the convention. Has there been any update as to when the game will be available at distributors and retailers. I've pre-ordered it and really want to see it before my Labor Day game day. Anybody that has information please respond.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it will be released end of september
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, two weeks ago, the publisher tweeted that the current date was looking to be late September. I guess it's possible that the date slips again, but I believe that's the most current word we have from GF9 directly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick LAROSA
msg tools
So not summer then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
usbpt2004 wrote:
So not summer then.

Technically as long as it's before Sep 22, it would still be summer.

Yeah, there appears to have been a delay for the base game, as the original estimate was August. I'm not sure if the delay affects the expansions or not, but the GF9 store still lists the expansions to be out in October.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Long
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for this info- I was about to try and contact CSI since they list August and I've had it pre-ordered for some time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Michael Bridge
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
pretty frustating, since the guys i talked to @ the GF9 booth @ GenCon said both the base game & first expansion were sitting at the dock waiting to clear customs before going to distributors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mikebridge wrote:
pretty frustating, since the guys i talked to @ the GF9 booth @ GenCon said both the base game & first expansion were sitting at the dock waiting to clear customs before going to distributors.

It escapes me how the base game can be stacked up for customs inspection when they had "hundreds" at GenCon, unless the publisher paid air freight to get a first wave in time for the con, and the rest came by container.

Since this seems to be the case, I hope both the base game and Cardassian expansion reach distributors simultaneously.

It would be a nice gesture for GF9 to also offer the 3D starbases for retail orders in view of the delay, but that would surprise me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mikebridge wrote:

If that's the case in USA, I am wondering when will the game be available in UK/Europe? Any info? So far online shops use late September 2016 as the prediction date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i expect the european release date to be the same as for US, they likely ship to both simultaneously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Jello
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mikebridge wrote:

Yeah, I was told it would be out in a "week or two" when I asked at Gencon. That, and the general negative reaction when I asked how it was with 2p, convinced me not to purchase on the spot despite being a massive Star Trek fanboy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Painter
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So will the expansions drop at the same time? Any ETA on them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
base game end of september, expansions in october
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Painter
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
base game end of september, expansions in october

Not bad at all, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.