Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Dead of Winter: The Long Night» Forums » General

Subject: The Long Night: enough survivors? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Siel Oren
Israel
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
in a game of 5 with the graveyard (so dead characters won't return), is 20 enough survivors?
what to do when you need to add survivors to your group but there are no more?
and what if your leader dies and there are no more?
thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a similar issue/thought when we played the "need outsiders" objective. We managed it, but it was close with the number of available survivors and we were using EVERY outsiders card.

In a normal game, I should think it's fine.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be wrong, but I think there are only 8 or 9 survivor cards in the game. So even with 10 starting characters in a 5p game, if you played every single survivor card in the game you would still be under the 20 max.

I should clarify that you don't take a new card if your leader dies. You only take a new character card if ALL you survivors die. You would also lose all the cards currently in your hand. If someone loses all survivors and there are no more to draw, I guess they are just out of the game.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mools wrote:
I may be wrong, but I think there are only 8 or 9 survivor cards in the game. So even with 10 starting characters in a 5p game, if you played every single survivor card in the game you would still be under the 20 max.

There are 3 per deck (unless that number changed in tLN and I didn't hear about it), so that would make 18 Outsider cards, without any modules. Still, you'd have to be pretty crazy to play all of those, even if you pulled them.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Total unplayed games in my collection: 7
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pseudotheist wrote:
There are 3 per deck (unless that number changed in tLN and I didn't hear about it), so that would make 18 Outsider cards, without any modules. Still, you'd have to be pretty crazy to play all of those, even if you pulled them.
Crazy? …or a traitor devil
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pseudotheist wrote:
Mools wrote:
I may be wrong, but I think there are only 8 or 9 survivor cards in the game. So even with 10 starting characters in a 5p game, if you played every single survivor card in the game you would still be under the 20 max.

There are 3 per deck (unless that number changed in tLN and I didn't hear about it), so that would make 18 Outsider cards, without any modules. Still, you'd have to be pretty crazy to play all of those, even if you pulled them.

Good point (and you are likely right that TLN has the same number as DoW). It is highly unlikely that a game would survive seeing 11 survivor cards get played effectively causing a shortage of characters. And the scenario in question would end once you've found and played 7 (in a 5p game) which already seems like a lot.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.