Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Daoust
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

For some reason, I cannot wrap my head around the rules of this game.
In the 2 players version,

Are you allowed to harvest at any time during your turn?
Like:
- During phase 1 where you can take or discard your opponents market? (before taking a card(s), after taking cards?)
- Are you allowed to harvest before planting your mandatory bean in phase 2? What about after you've planted it, while still in phase 2?

I do know that there is a rule change regarding only harvesting while your turn as opposed to the 3-7 rules.

In the market phase (3),
- Are you allowed to empty out the market just so your opponent does not get to pick any card, assuming you are willing to throw away some of your own field content?

Thanks !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Quagg wrote:
Hello,

For some reason, I cannot wrap my head around the rules of this game.
In the 2 players version,

Are you allowed to harvest at any time during your turn?
Like:
- During phase 1 where you can take or discard your opponents market? (before taking a card(s), after taking cards?)
- Are you allowed to harvest before planting your mandatory bean in phase 2? What about after you've planted it, while still in phase 2?

I do know that there is a rule change regarding only harvesting while your turn as opposed to the 3-7 rules.

Anytime during your own turn. You just can't harvest while your opponent is playing his turn.

Quote:
In the market phase (3),
- Are you allowed to empty out the market just so your opponent does not get to pick any card, assuming you are willing to throw away some of your own field content?

Thanks !!

If you wanted to. You can keep (or not) as many of the cards in the middle as you want on your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brewer
United Kingdom
Bedford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
You just can't harvest while your opponent is playing his turn.

And I have never seen the point of this rule (i.e. I can't see what would be achieved by harvesting during an opponent's turn that would not be achieved by harvesting at the very start of your own turn.)

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
mikeb13603 wrote:
Quote:
You just can't harvest while your opponent is playing his turn.

And I have never seen the point of this rule (i.e. I can't see what would be achieved by harvesting during an opponent's turn that would not be achieved by harvesting at the very start of your own turn.)

Mike

The one thing I can think of is messing with the discard deck. Because in the Duel the active player can pull off the top of the discard anything matching, they have the potential to gather a lot of "free" points.

If the inactive player can all of a sudden harvest and cover up the discard pile with non-matching beans, you just shut down a key mechanic of the 2-player version.

There may be other subtle things that also contribute to this rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.