Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Ørnebjerg Jensen
Denmark
Farum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

My base game and expansion just arrived today and I'm wondering if its a good idea starting from scratch with the expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O. C.
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think base game without expansion is the best start for learning basic mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Cantor
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought both, and haven't actually played with the expansion yet. If it helps, I've had my hands full just picking up the basic strategy and pulling off the bigger missions, so I don't think I would have had much luck starting with both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Holtz
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Without. Best way to learn basics - especially getting comfortable with planning missions - without getting distracted/intimidated by the new stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Base game is the way to go. In my video series showing a solitaire game with the expansion, I'm now in the year 1973 and have not done much w/ the Outer Planets. (Of course, this may cause me to ultimately lose the game!)

There is plenty to do in the base game before digging into the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Zscheile
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally unrelated, but when are you going to do the next episode of your play, Will?

@OP: Listen to the people here, even a single hard mission of the base game is a big bite to chew on if you have never played before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ørnebjerg Jensen
Denmark
Farum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info. I Will start without the expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Quintana
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just learning too and I am doing a mix. I am mostly playing with the standard layout but I am using the new Mars and Venus Fly-By cards along with the new calendar and player cards.

This way I can learn the slingshot to Jupiter from Mars and how to use the Calendar. It also has the air brakes at Mars and Venus. I add the Outer Planets transfer and the Jupiter Fly-By.

This way I can use the Proton rocket also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.