Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Taylor
United States
Somerset
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I check CSI every morning to see what goes up for preorder. This thing went up and is literally sold out in less than an hour. Are they seriously shipping out like 20 copies to retail? Stuff like this is why I have moved farther and farther away from this hobby as time goes on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony B
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry to hear you're discouraged that a pre-order sold out so quick. I don't pretend to understand all that goes into supply chain management (especially when it comes to games) but it seems as though there are still pre-orders available at other retailers:

$101.99 20+ in stock @ MM
$94.99 3 available @ Bordlandia
$119 @ FunAgain (unknown stock)
$91.67 12 in stock at CH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
spunXtain wrote:
I check CSI every morning to see what goes up for preorder. This thing went up and is literally sold out in less than an hour. Are they seriously shipping out like 20 copies to retail? Stuff like this is why I have moved farther and farther away from this hobby as time goes on.

Note that CSI often has more copies available at launch. As I understand it, retail often gets shorted on its orders when distributors can't fulfill demand. If CSI presells 100% of what it ordered, but only receives half that amount... then what happens?

So they pick a fraction and allot that amount as presales. But in most cases, they will get their allotment because they are such a large retailer. So look for them to have extras to sell when the game actually releases in October.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas London
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spunXtain wrote:

I check CSI every day also. I kept refreshing today because I was extra curious. This thing sold out so fast that I never even saw how much they were charging for a preorder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen this happen alot on CSI and then sometimes later in the week or even a few weeks later they get another wave to preorder from. Don't worry about it yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what I'm afraid of happening with the 3 expansions. I didn't get those in the KS because I planned to support my flgs with the business but I have doubts I will be able to get them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bielcik
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
What's the official release date?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Delgado
United States
Downey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Roughly;
Wave 1 - Oct - base game & SG's
wave 2 - April 2017 - everything else, expansions & add-ons,...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.