$20.00
$5.00
$15.00
Francesco M
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
Why another campaign variant ?

I have seen many good campaign variants for D&D Adventure Board Games on BGG, but I haven’t managed to find a set of rules which fully fits the adventures already available in LoD Adventure Book (and which possibly doesn't need to include other D&D board games).

However, since my girlfriend and me are both fans of R. A. Salvatore, it couldn’t help and I have started to think a set of rules to:
- deal with the competitive adventures and the changing heroes during the campaign;
- have a flexible levelling system (I like the one in ToEE, simple but effective) where adventure difficulty is adjusted according to the heroes development.

Fortunately there are already a lot of good ideas on BGG and I have been inspired especially by the great work done in NinjaDorg's D&D Adventure System and Erin's compendium of campaign rules.

Overview of the content so far

In order to fulfill these needs I have written the short set of rules Legend of Drizzt Campaign Rules. The rules have been designed for LoD but they can be easily adapted to other D&D adventure board games.

Of course the aim was to play a thematic campaign based on the book series, thus I have developed at the same time the short campaign Legacy of Drow, based on abovementioned rules, which can eventually implement additional adventures. After the summer holidays I will eventually finalise the short campaign Gauntlgrym.

I have also taken this chance to create the thematic cooperative variant Friends and Foes for the first adventure “Exile” in order to include it into the campaign.

Always moving ahead

This weekend we will have the chance to play (and enjoy) again the campaign.

However, I have seen so many interesting ideas for LoD variants that I am sure there are always possibilities of improvement.

Thus I would be glad to receive your comments and I wish to thank you in advance for your feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco M
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello everybody, after coming back from holidays, I have had the chance to improve the rules based on our plays. Check the results on the filepage of the campaign variant.

One of the main changes is the introduction of a solo campaign.

While adapting the Starless Night adventure for two players we have faced some challenges which gave me the idea of a solo/full cooperative adventure. After successfully testing it for adventure 5, it seemed natural to me to use the other Drizzt's companions (as allies) to help diversifying the game experience during the other adventures.

I have taken this chance also to streamline other rules (no more tokens for the monsters, if a tile has a white arrow you get automatically more monsters at advanced tiers).

I would be glad if you could share also your opinion about the rules and I wish to thank you in advance for your feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.