Subject: Starting production question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach Carter
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the regular (non corporate) game, you start with 1 production of each resource.

Many of the corporation cards also give you "starting production" for some resources.

Is this "starting production" added to the 1 production you get by default, or instead of the production you get by default?

The Thorgate corporation, for example says "You start with 1 energy production....". Does this give you nothing in the base game since you started with 1 production anyway, or does it add one to production so you end up starting with 2?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Reuter
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, its added. The non-corporate-era game is supposed to be easier.

Your Thorgate example matches the example in the rulebook on the page SET-UP ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Carter
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Carsten, but IMO the wording in the example also could be (mis)interpreted in the same way.

I think your interpretation is probably correct though, and so I will play that it adds additional production to the base production unless a designer or publisher chimes in and says it's wrong.

(edit: Are you involved in publishing the German edition of the game? I can't tell)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Reuter
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, you are right. I just checked the English rulebook as well. Its missing the last step that the production is now 2.
That clarification has been included in the German version.

Anyway, the English rules for Corporate Era (page 13) calls the initial production of 1 in the base game: EXTRA production. For me that means the same as "additional".

Lets wait for a publisher to chime in and sack my answer...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enoch Fryxelius
msg tools
DerDiplomat wrote:
Oh, you are right. I just checked the English rulebook as well. Its missing the last step that the production is now 2.
That clarification has been included in the German version.

Anyway, the English rules for Corporate Era (page 13) calls the initial production of 1 in the base game: EXTRA production. For me that means the same as "additional".

Lets wait for a publisher to chime in and sack my answer...

Yes, the extra production in the basic game is added to whatever start bonuses your corporation might have. In this case Thorgate starts with 2 energy production.

The extra production is only used in basic game (not in solo and not with CE) and it's there to make the game faster and easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brogdon
United States
Moscow
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can someone point out to me in the rule book where it says you start with a production of 1 of everything? I've looked through it a few times and as far as I can tell, if your corporation card doesn't say anything then production of that resource starts at zero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brog5108 wrote:
Can someone point out to me in the rule book where it says you start with a production of 1 of everything? I've looked through it a few times and as far as I can tell, if your corporation card doesn't say anything then production of that resource starts at zero.

That's for the basic game only, i.e. without the corporate era cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
brog5108 wrote:

Page 7, under section '5) Players'

See Page 13 for playing with advanced Coporate Era Cards ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brog5108 wrote:

It's listed in the setup instructions. Read that section carefully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brogdon
United States
Moscow
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:
brog5108 wrote:

Page 7, under section '5) Players'

See Page 13 for playing with advanced Coporate Era Cards ...

Thanks. That was driving me crazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lelas
Ireland
Dublin
Dublin
flag msg tools
designer
I Should Live in Salt
mbmbmbmbmb
This question is not clearly answered by any of the responses above.

If I play corporate do I get the basic production of 1 AND the corporate bonuses?

This rulebook is horrible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Laerfan wrote:
This question is not clearly answered by any of the responses above.

If I play corporate do I get the basic production of 1 AND the corporate bonuses?

This rulebook is horrible.

If you play with the Corporate Era expansion, you get 0 starting production. The corporation you choose to play may give you starting production of a resource though.

So, for example, if you're playing with Corporate Era, and had Ecoline as your corporation, you'd start the game with 2 plant production, and 0 production of everything else.

If you were playing without Corporate Era, and had Ecoline as your corporation, you'd start with 3 plant production, and 1 production of everything else.

Part of the rule book confusion on this is that they tried to add expansion rules into the base rule set. They should have just explained the rule changes at the end of the rules in the Corporate Era Expansion section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.