Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
The title is pretty self-explanatory, but we should have it in time for BGG.CON, and it will go into the Geek Store somewhere around that time as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Fawcett
United Kingdom
Northwich
Cheshire
flag msg tools
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
badge
There's just one kind of favor I'll ask for you - you can see that my grave is kept clean
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
The title is pretty self-explanatory, but we should have it in time for BGG.CON, and it will go into the Geek Store somewhere around that time as well!

Woohoo! Although I personally can't wait for the British Railroads player boards (not that they exist yet...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get Earthworm wrote:
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:

Woohoo! Although I personally can't wait for the British Railroads player boards (not that they exist yet...)

If/when this happens I will be extremely happy, it would be very much an instant purchase for me ^^.

Seems really odd that AR is being called a 'mini-expansion' though, those boards are hefty ^^.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Bryan
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
Unless there are enough changes to make this a very different game, I'll probably just stick with Russian. I was never much interested in the same game played on different countries. Yes, I know the different maps can make a difference in the 18XX games, but there is no map with Russian Railroads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawrencetoo wrote:
Unless there are enough changes to make this a very different game, I'll probably just stick with Russian. I was never much interested in the same game played on different countries. Yes, I know the different maps can make a difference in the 18XX games, but there is no map with Russian Railroads.

Have you played German Railroads? It makes quite some significant differences to how things play, I would consider it more impactful than different maps usually make.

Not sure how much AR can be though if its' not introducing any other components than just the boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
グース
Japan
目黒区
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Smoothsmith wrote:
Not sure how much AR can be though if its' not introducing any other components than just the boards.

Might be interesting if they use the other components in some interesting ways (like using industry completely differently).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heinz Kiosk
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawrencetoo wrote:

While staying within the RR framework German Railroads feels a very different game, with a lot of interesting choices and puzzles and pitfalls that aren't in RR.

Likewise the optional Coal element of GR (which can also be used on the RR maps) completely changes the feel and choices of the game in a very interesting way.

For me after a few plays RR felt "solved". German Railroads and Coal are much less soluble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Wuttig
Germany
Melsungen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is possible to order the new expansion via HiG. The version is a German and English one.

https://cundco.de/mini-erweiterungen/russian-railroads/178/r...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got an email that it's available! Picked up a copy!!! Thanks BGG Store!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Do I need to buy this now, or does BGG have enough stock for me to wait to buy it at BGG.con?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renato Tavares
Brazil
Goiânia
Goiás
flag msg tools
Playing 'til death!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just bought mine!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
dshortdesign wrote:
Do I need to buy this now, or does BGG have enough stock for me to wait to buy it at BGG.con?

We'll have them at BGG.CON.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
dshortdesign wrote:

We'll have them at BGG.CON.

Thank you for the quick reply. See you there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its' awesome btw

Shares - Great fun, as you have to keep an eye on who's in the lead on it for the powers as well as the endgame (Since the bonus's you get for advancing are going to depend on what they're doing with it), the endgame points are big enough to be significant but small enough it doesn't feel like you 'need' to focus it.

Boulders/Dynamite - This was a super cool feature! I cleared the industry track boulder early into the game then had a very tense last couple of rounds as I was aiming to hit the golden spike but hadn't cleared the way on the railroad boulder - It took some intense thinking/optimization to clear and advance it with no actions to spare at the end ^^.

Double Industry - This was fun, I enjoyed getting to fire off the industry bonus's a lot, although it was a bit overpowering as I didn't have anyone fighting me too hard for the industry advancements. I finished both tracks which had me feeling so sad that you can't put an extra industry marker on the track ;P

Overall though, the best thing was how it felt like there was a ton of things that took your focus and we were all feeling pain at not being able to do everything - Fortunately for me though I got a victory as the track focused people failed to reach white tracks with their lack of focus on things.

Can't wait to play more, =-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.