New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
FFG and Warcraft designer Kevin Wilson have changed the rules for Heal to the following to make it more balanced:

Heal: If you have one or more units with this ability participating in the battle, then when your opponent is rolling for attacks, each die showing a 1 (not including modifiers) inflicts 1 less casualty than it normally would (i.e. 0 casualties normally, or 1 casualty with the area attack ability). Each 1 rolled still counts as a hit, and this ability does not negate any other effects of the 1 (such as triggering raise dead, etc.)

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raistlin
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Errata for Heal ability:
Octavian (#23677),

Good. Now I'm waiting for something about the Slow Poison.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
RaistlinMajere (#23688),

I don't agree that Slow Poison is as much of an issue if you play preemptively against the Night Elves. Slow Poison is both more expensive and takes more time to develop than any of the other racial abilities. Knowing this, it is important to neutralize them early BEFORE they have developed their Ranged units fully. Deny them access to key resources, etc. Also, once they have Slow Poison available, make sure you attack them with an adequately large Melee force in addition to other units. Use the cheaper Melee units to take off the casualties and Slow Poison effectively doesn't function for the first two phases.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raistlin
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian (#23693),

Mmm, yes, I understaind your point of view. I must play the game some times more before talking about the Slow Poison ability again.

Thank you for yours considerations, Octavian.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.