Subject: Can I play new rules with old version? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Rush
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
I'm sure this has been answered before, but I looked through forums on both the old and new versions and couldn't find a direct answer.

I bought the old version a couple years ago for a premium since it was OOP/HTF, and therefor out of principle want to keep it. Can I download the new rules and play those with the old version?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieran Quinn
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
Some of the Loki/Odin cards are different so you'd have to substitute the rules of 2 of the cards, but other than that I think you could play the new version's rules with the old game. I don't know if there are more or less cards in the new version, but I do know the path is longer so there might not be enough cards.

1st Ed.:
---------

*Rearrange your auxiliary card stack
-or-
Place 2 additional landscape cards at the end of the flight path.

*Place the Odin marker on an unoccupied landscape space.
-or-
Swap 2 unoccupied landscape cards.

2nd Ed.:
----------

*Draw 2 extra cards
-or-
Draw an extra flight card and put it alongside one of the flight path sides. The extra card adds 2 more spaces to make the flight path longer.

Swap any 2 land cards without rotating them.
-or-
*Slide one land card so that one flight path changes and the other gets shorter. The section which is outside the flight paths is ignored.

*denotes differences because of no Odin marker or auxiliary stack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.