$35.00
Pericles Boutos
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two questions:

a) Does the fact that you have won the battle against a fortified city imply you have reduced its DS permanently to zero? [Implying that you would then have to rebuild it if you wanted to keep it and make it useful]. Or do you only do that after destroying the city? I take the answer to be negative but I want a confirmation.

b) If you do not win against the city on the first go, but have managed to reduce its DS, will your second attack (I assume you have the MPs) start from the reduced DS or from the initial DS? What about attacking again with your next AM?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Epple
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a) The DS is indeed permanently zero and you have to rebuild the walls to improve the cities DS again. The space still works as a city space though. If the city is destroyed, it´s completely gone, so the space is treated as a Transit space.
b) Once DS are removed, it´s a permanent effect, until the defenses are improved by the controlling player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pericles Boutos
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Danke schön!

So, if I have understood well, attacking an unoccupied fortified city, whether once or many times - the movement points allowing - will eventually result in reducing its DS to zero and then it is conquered. The indicators of the lowering of defences are the markers with the half-destroyed walls and stay on the city until a force spends the required action and amount to improve. If the occupier wants, he can, on top of that, raze the city to the ground (=destroy it) but spending as many movement points as the city has EW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Phelps
United States
Canal Fulton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
callasmar wrote:

b) Once DS are removed, it´s a permanent effect, until the defenses are improved by the controlling player.

...or if the city is uncontrolled during the Isolation Phase (see Errata).

The DS is also restored if the space is occupied by a Minor Kingdom or Barbarian force when their Event card is played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Neff
msg tools
Pericles, you are correct sir

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pericles Boutos
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why, thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.