Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
I just came from my FLGS an hour ago and I could barely believe my eyes to see that they had a copy in stock!
I am very impressed.
The funny thing is, I say things like "oh yes, that's an auto buy" and "that one is a must have," but when I am confronted with the real life opportunity to buy the thing it means cash on the table!
Yes, I want the game. But here in Canada, at least at this one store, they want $95 for it. That's a hard pill to swallow.

This is a useless post in so many ways. I just needed a sympathetic community to speak with because at that price, I'm not going to get any sympathy at home laughlaugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theclergy wrote:
they want $95 for it.

US or Canadian dollars ?
My FLGS sells it for CA$106 / US$81.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Canadian $94 something...
Wow...does that mean it's a good deal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the artwork is less than ideal, and its is part of the Encounters line so doesn't merge well with Marvel, and I want to wait until UD has an FAQ or the community here has clarified things...

I'm putting it on my Christmas list, and then probably pick it up in January.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A D
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Hi, unless it is to support your FLGS. Why not order it online from a Canadian store. It is in stock at multiple stores at $68 CDN including shipping.

Edit: If the store is not the same province as you are located you will only pay the federal tax (5%).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good lord. I live in Ontario and got it from my FLGS for $68 cdn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Royal
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good game, but no way is it worth that price point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Do you like Legendary Alien? If you love that one buy this one. This one is a hair better imho. Do you dislike Legendary Encounters Alien? Then this doesn't improve the game enough to change your mind. Do you like Firefly but no really like Legendary Encounters? Then this will probably not be enough to win you over.

I'm selling my copy. I had hoped I could get into it, but it's just not my kind of game. If you are looking for a good new deckbuilder, go for Tyrants Of The Underdark instead. Not a coop, but much better IMHO. (then again, I don't like most coops, so who the hell knows. The only coop I really like is Mage Knight)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the Canadian pricing thing going on, but I get the feeling. When I heard this was coming out and in the months since I was thinking that this was an instabuy. But when the day arrived I looked at Marvel Legandary and Alien Legendary on my shelf and thought, "do I really need a third version of the same game?" After watching some reviews, I'm going to pass on this one. Cool theme, but it looks like just more of the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aro Bow
Canada
flag msg tools
As far as buying board games in Canada...

401games.ca is my favourite store. Great selection. They will price match with other Canadian online retailers (just send them an email and they update their price for the whole store). And they ship for free if you buy $150 before tax.

Greatboardgames.ca is another one of my favourites. They have excellent stock. Almost always has the same or cheaper prices than 401games.ca. And they deliver for free after 200 cdn before tax. They also have a feature that can send you an email notification when something comes back in stock. 401games can't do this but I find when greatboardgames.ca restocks, 401games.ca usually restocks at the same time.

401games sells this for 59.95 and has 30+ in stock. $67.75 cdn after tax assuming you are like me and wait until you have a $150 order for the free shipping.

They also sell things like broken token organizers and card sleeves...lots of great things to waste your money on.

Way way WAY cheaper than $106 or whatever. The local shops around me have crazy prices too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.