$30.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Mage Wars Academy» Forums » General

Subject: Possible to use Arena cards in Academy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mad Igor
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
Власть рождает паразитов!
badge
Смерть буржуям!
mbmbmbmbmb
I know you can use Academy cards in Arena, but can I grab my Arena set and play it with Academy rules?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not officially.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... and not unofficially either. 80% of the cards will definitely not work and the remaining 20% may work.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Igor
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
Власть рождает паразитов!
badge
Смерть буржуям!
mbmbmbmbmb
hm, but how is it possible to use all Academy cards in Arena and not zhe other way? do I miss something? Where is the problem?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Simpson
United States
Franklin
Ohio
flag msg tools
See this post:
http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=16597.0

And this list:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pvltORyu6CV4DxvsvXCj...

from this thread:
http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=15965.0
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Igor
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
Власть рождает паразитов!
badge
Смерть буржуям!
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you, Mike!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Simpson
United States
Franklin
Ohio
flag msg tools
Your welcome, this is something I have been thinking about as well. I just edited my previous post to include another variation of using arena cards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are lots of problems with rules, and with power balance. Academy has no zones, no movement, no ranges, etc.

It's not an arbitrary decision, it would be much easier for AW to just say they are all interchangeable, they aren't, because it doesn't work.

Also bear in mind there are some fundamental rules differences where something looks the same, but works differently between the two games (eg: +Melee, or Guard)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Igor
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
Власть рождает паразитов!
badge
Смерть буржуям!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelanen wrote:
There are lots of problems with rules, and with power balance. Academy has no zones, no movement, no ranges, etc.

It's not an arbitrary decision, it would be much easier for AW to just say they are all interchangeable, they aren't, because it doesn't work.

Also bear in mind there are some fundamental rules differences where something looks the same, but works differently between the two games (eg: +Melee, or Guard)


I did not expect all cards to work in Academy, but it is good to know that it is possible to use at least some cards from Arena in Academy system. Just siply exclude cards that are not applicable or not useful in Academu duel, but at least I can use some of Arena cards, what makes it all more flexible and interesting.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.