Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Kraack
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've shared it, so it might be auto updated at some point. For those that may not want to wait, here's what I'm using. Note that players will still have to remember to count the factory tile as three territories (as any other way would require them to remember NOT to count it as three territories).

I'm pretty sure this calculates accurate scores.

Name=Coins|Type=Counter|Value=1|Min=0;
Name=Stars|Type=Counter|Value=1|Min=0|Max=6|ButtonOff=10|SaveVar=B|NoTally=true;
Name=Territories|Type=Counter|Value=1|Min=0|Max=19|SaveVar=C|NoTally=true;
Name=Resources|Type=Counter|Value=.5|Min=0|Rounding=Down|SaveVar=D|NoTally=true;
Name=Popularity|Type=Counter|Value=1|Min=0|Max=18|SaveVar=E|NoTally=true;
Name=Bonus Tile|Type=Counter|Value=1|Min=0|Max=9|ButtonOff=10;
Name=Popularity Level 2|Type=Math|Value=GreaterThan|Values=E,6|SaveVar=I|NoTally=true;
Name=Popularity Level 3|Type=Math|Value=GreaterThan|Values=E,12|SaveVar=J|NoTally=true;
Name=Popularity Level 2 + 3|Type=Math|Value=Sum|Values=I,J|SaveVar=L|NoTally=true;
Name=Popularity Level|Type=Math|Value=Sum|Values=1,L|SaveVar=F|NoTally=true;
Name=Star Points Multiplier|Type=Math|Value=Sum|Values=F,2|SaveVar=G|NoTally=true;
Name=Territory Points Multiplier|Type=Math|Value=Sum|Values=F,1|SaveVar=H|NoTally=true;
Name=Star Points|Type=Math|Value=Multiply|Values=B,G;
Name=Territory Points|Type=Math|Value=Multiply|Values=C,H;
Name=Resource Points|Type=Math|Value=Multiply|Values=D,F;

For Invaders From Afar, replace the "Territory Points" line with the following:

Name=Controlled Flags (Albion only)|Type=Counter|Value=1|ButtonOff=5|ButtonOff=10|Max=4|SaveVar=Z|NoTally=true;
Name=Territories + Flags|Type=Math|Value=Sum|Values=C,Z|SaveVar=X|NoTally=true;
Name=Territory Points|Type=Math|Value=Multiply|Values=X,H;
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
what is score geek?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Bridges
United States
Los Altos
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scoregeek is an iOS app for keeping track of scores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
tgbruiser wrote:

iOS only? Junk to me then! haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
tgbruiser wrote:

iOS only? Junk to me then! haha.

There's an android version as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kraack
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It also interfaces with bgg so it will upload scores, tracks stats, etc. pretty good app, I use it for all game scoring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sabash wrote:
It also interfaces with bgg so it will upload scores, tracks stats, etc. pretty good app, I use it for all game scoring.

I use the boardgamegeek app for tracking plays. It also has a great interface for tracking collections and such.

I do not know if it is available on iOS or not.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.boardgameg...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kraack
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The benefit for me, vs using the bgg app, is that score geek allows you to add complex calculators, like this. So instead of everyone tallying up their points, you just add the values and the app calculates the final score.

But, to each their own!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had scoregeek but when I went back to iOS I switched over to Board Game Stats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sabash wrote:
The benefit for me, vs using the bgg app, is that score geek allows you to add complex calculators, like this. So instead of everyone tallying up their points, you just add the values and the app calculates the final score.

But, to each their own!

That would be great. But i like all the other functionality of it... i wonder if Chris would be able to add that functionality in....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lloyd
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do I input your code into the app?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kraack
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1: open this page on your phone
2: highlight the code and copy it
3: open scoregeek
4: Go to Settings -> Games -> Add
5: In BGG Lookup, enter Scythe, and search
6: Select Scythe
7: Under Scoring select Advanced
8: Paste the copied code into the Advanced text box
9: Save

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lloyd
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks very much!
I missed that drop down menu and therefore couldn't find that box which of course appeared once I selected "advanced".
And thanks for doing all the legwork on writing the script!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raj M
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Edit: problem solved, see next post

sorry to necro this thread, but is anyone using this ap? could you help? i followed instructions above and did a mock scoring, but when calculating territories it multiplied the number of territories by 0, resulting in zero points for any territories. I modified the code as stated above for Invaders From Afar, and also added faction names. see my code below;

Factions=Clan Albion, Crimean Khanate, Nordic Kingdoms, Republic of Polania, Rusviet Union, Saxony Empire, Togawa Shogunate;
Name=Stars|Type=Counter|Value=1|Min=0|Max=6|ButtonOff=10|SaveVar=B|NoTally=true;
Name=Resources|Type=Counter|Value=.5|Min=0|Rounding=Down|SaveVar=D|NoTally=true;
Name=Popularity Level 2|Type=Math|Value=GreaterThan|Values=E,6|SaveVar=I|NoTally=true;
Name=Popularity Level 3|Type=Math|Value=GreaterThan|Values=E,12|SaveVar=J|NoTally=true;
Name=Popularity Level 2 + 3|Type=Math|Value=Sum|Values=I,J|SaveVar=L|NoTally=true;
Name=Star Points Multiplier|Type=Math|Value=Sum|Values=F,2|SaveVar=G|NoTally=true;
Name=Controlled Flags (Albion only)|Type=Counter|Value=1|ButtonOff=5|ButtonOff=10|Max=4|SaveVar=Z|NoTally=true;
Name=Territory Points|Type=Math|Value=Multiply|Values=C,H;

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raj M
United States
New York
flag msg tools
my apologies, I found my error, I'd deleted the wrong line to replace the expansion lines with. see below for the code im using now which I've tested and seems to be working great!

also, anyone else add any quality of life features to this code, such as how I added the faction names?

Factions=Clan Albion, Crimean Khanate, Nordic Kingdoms, Republic of Polania, Rusviet Union, Saxony Empire, Togawa Shogunate;
Name=Territory Points Multiplier|Type=Math|Value=Sum|Values=F,1|SaveVar=H|NoTally=true;

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.