Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zaphod Beeblebrox
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Card Kingdom & Mox Boarding House are holding Labor Day sales that began today. I haven't been to Card Kingdom, but I stopped by Mox about an hour ago. They had separate tables of games at 75% / 50% / 30% off.

I picked up Shipyard and Brass (standard edition) at 75% off each. I didn't see another copy of Shipyard, but there were a couple more of Brass. I was also eyeballing Argent: The Consortium at 75% off, but decided not to get it. Other games I recall at 75% off include Copycat, Sheepland, Pay Dirt, an expansion for Argent: The Consortium, and others. Edit: Also Temporum.

I saw several copies of The Golden Ages on the 50% off table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Isn't Labor Day...next weekend? Not that I'll complain about a sale but now I'm questioning my calendar reading comprehension.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broadbent
United States
Covington
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
Isn't Labor Day...next weekend? Not that I'll complain about a sale but now I'm questioning my calendar reading comprehension.

You're right.
Black Friday sales start in 2 weeks. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaphod Beeblebrox
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:

They're just really excited about Labor Day.

Wracking my brain... some other titles I remember seeing at 50% off include Dominion: Dark Ages, Portal: The Uncooperative Cake Acquisition Game, and Loop Inc..

It looks like there's more that will come out later as well, as I saw a table full of unsorted games toward the back that included a few labeled as 50% off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce McLeod
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be stopping by CK in a couple hours. Plan on taking pictures and I'll post here with what I find!

Edit: just kidding! They put a decent pic on instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/BJlt6amAInI/

75% tables included a lot of small lcg packs and a fair bit of warmachine minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mesa
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Ugh. I'm gonna be in Seattle for PAX, which is Labor Day weekend, but I fear there won't be anything left by the time I arrive!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Penny
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
F4ll0ut wrote:
Edit: just kidding! They put a decent pic on instagram

I'd be grateful for any pics at a higher res, my squinting eyes are struggling with the Instagram one beyond the really big boxes. I can't get down there but might wrangle someone into going there for me if there's something worthwhile...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce McLeod
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Targaff wrote:
F4ll0ut wrote:
Edit: just kidding! They put a decent pic on instagram

I'd be grateful for any pics at a higher res, my squinting eyes are struggling with the Instagram one beyond the really big boxes. I can't get down there but might wrangle someone into going there for me if there's something worthwhile...

I actually didn't take any pics this time. The 75% tables were full of so much little stuff it would've been hard to get much info from it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Penny
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NP, thanks anyway! I think the onle one I'm tempted by of those I can see is Rise of Augustus, since I'm short on quick/easy evening games right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yavorski
United States
Kannapolis
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nbread wrote:
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:

Wracking my brain... some other titles I remember seeing at 50% off include Dominion: Dark Ages, Portal: The Uncooperative Cake Acquisition Game, and Loop Inc..

It looks like there's more that will come out later as well, as I saw a table full of unsorted games toward the back that included a few labeled as 50% off.

What are their normal prices? Just list?

Can someone speak to whether those are netrunner data packs behind snow tails on the 50% off picture? If so, is anyone local willing to send me a few if I pay you for them and shipping (depending on what they are).

Also, where's the 75% table in their pictures? Did I miss it?

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaphod Beeblebrox
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ciffy wrote:
nbread wrote:
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:

What are their normal prices? Just list?

Can someone speak to whether those are netrunner data packs behind snow tails on the 50% off picture? If so, is anyone local willing to send me a few if I pay you for them and shipping (depending on what they are).

Also, where's the 75% table in their pictures? Did I miss it?

thanks!

Correct -- normal price is MSRP.

There haven't been any 75% off pictures posted, but both stores do have 75% off tables.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Inception: 01/08/16
mbmbmbmb
I got pictures at Mox, but my phone died by the time I reached Card Kingdom. The seventh photo featuring Luna wasn't actually a sale table but more like a staging table. Many of the games on it were on sale, but I'm not sure about Luna itself.

The 75% off tables are larger at Card Kingdom and if you can only go to one place, I'd go there first. They had Imperial Assault for...50% off I think. I picked up a 50% off Caylus, 50% Chaos in the Old World: The Horned Rat Expansion, 50% Imperial Settlers Broken Token insert, and 50% Imperial Settlers: Why Can't We Be Friends in Ballard and 75% off North Wind in Redmond. Happy hunting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaphod Beeblebrox
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, Adventure Land wasn't on the 50% off table at Mox when I was there early in the afternoon. Too bad -- I would've considered picking it up!

I picked up Luna at Mox for 50% off during the last sale, a few months ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Plank
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been in Bellevue for the week and was actually planning to get out to Mox Boarding House today, but ran out of time. We leave to go back home tomorrow morning and I'm kicking myself for not getting to the store while I had a chance. Ugh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
nbread wrote:
Hmm, Adventure Land wasn't on the 50% off table at Mox when I was there early in the afternoon. Too bad -- I would've considered picking it up!

New stock was being added even as I was there, so the inventory is definitely in flux. Good news if you're not one of the first ninjas through the door.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jplank wrote:
I've been in Bellevue for the week and was actually planning to get out to Mox Boarding House today, but ran out of time. We leave to go back home tomorrow morning and I'm kicking myself for not getting to the store while I had a chance. Ugh.
they close at midnight. Get your Canuck ass down there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Plank
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:
jplank wrote:

Ha. I worry that it'd already be picked over, I guess. Although it is tempting...ugh...decisions....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaphod Beeblebrox
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:
nbread wrote:

New stock was being added even as I was there, so the inventory is definitely in flux. Good news if you're not one of the first ninjas through the door.

Well, I wasn't one of the first ninjas through the door, but I did leave the office during lunch today to visit Mox about an hour and a half after it opened! Hopefully they'll be able to continue adding new stock throughout the week.

BTW, I was wondering when you'd show up in the thread. BGG seems to have a few reliable Seattle-area deal hounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jplank wrote:
cunning stunt wrote:
jplank wrote:

Ha. I worry that it'd already be picked over, I guess. Although it is tempting...ugh...decisions....
He who hesitates is lost. 30 minutes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaphod Beeblebrox
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jplank wrote:
cunning stunt wrote:
jplank wrote:

What are you saying? Getting hot deals requires dedication.

Didn't you see what I wrote in the OP? I got Brass and Shipyard for $31.xx after tax! Get movin'!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Plank
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nbread wrote:
jplank wrote:
cunning stunt wrote:
jplank wrote:

Didn't you see what I wrote in the OP? I got Brass and Shipyard for $31.xx after tax! Get movin'!

I'm far enough away that by the time a cab comes to get me, I'd barely have 5 minutes there. I think I will just cry myself to sleep....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jplank wrote:
nbread wrote:
jplank wrote:
cunning stunt wrote:
jplank wrote:

I'm far enough away that by the time a cab comes to get me, I'd barely have 5 minutes there. I think I will just cry myself to sleep....
I didn't know a cab was involved. Deals aren't so great that you should spend 20 American dollars to get there. Steal a car!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Plank
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:
jplank wrote:
nbread wrote:
jplank wrote:
cunning stunt wrote:
jplank wrote:

I didn't know a cab was involved. Deals aren't so great that you should spend 20 American dollars to get there. Steal a car!

In Canada, we're lucky if we get a sale with 5% - 10% off retail price. Ironically, I'm in town for a professional ethics seminar. Stealing a car is definitely a violation of something in our code of conduct...lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L O
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Happened to stop by CK today. Nothing stood out to me personally, but one of the guys working there said they'd be putting out new stuff constantly until Labor Day, so it might be worth returning. Not sure I'll do that, but just FYI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S K
United States
California
flag msg tools
cunning stunt wrote:
They had Imperial Assault for...50% off I think. I picked up a 50% off Caylus

So jealous I'm not in Seattle right now! What were the $ prices for Caylus and Imperial Assault after 50% discount?

PS: your name from the MAD mag spoof on the Matrix?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.