Popular Tags: [View All]
david b
France
Paris
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's me again !

(1) Ersatz Rgts card: "bring back 3 eliminated units on their one-step side". Question: Are reduced Robust units (KG side) considered one-step units ?

(2)Gothic Line card: can free KG units come from the surrendered box ? (Where do they come from BTW?). Same question for Ersatz rgts.

(3) Tenacious units taking a step loss instead of retreating go to the surredenred box. So, they give 1 Event VP, correct?

Merci
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Ste-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hannon wrote:

(1) Ersatz Rgts card: "bring back 3 eliminated units on their one-step side". Question: Are reduced Robust units (KG side) considered one-step units ?

Yes, two-step units!

Rule 2.3 says:

Most units have two steps each, Full-Strength on their front (darker-colored) side and Reduced-Strength on their reverse side. Smaller formation units have only one step, as do Forts and Beachheads.

There is no rule in the game that says robust units are 3-steps units. they have two steps, but when eliminated they can be replaced by a: "KG UNIT". i.e. the KG is not the same unit.

hannon wrote:

(2)Gothic Line card: can free KG units come from the surrendered box ? (Where do they come from BTW?). Same question for Ersatz rgts.

KG can never go to the Surrendered box!

Rule 14.7.1:

Eliminated Fascist Italian and German Kampfgruppe round units and Fort hex-shaped markers are placed back in their respective draw cups when eliminated. They are never put in the Surrendered Units Box.

Rule 21.7:

"When eliminated/shattered it is returned to the draw cup."

But besides KGs (that don't go in the surrendered box), yes indeed you could take units from the Surrendered box.

hannon wrote:

(3) Tenacious units taking a step loss instead of retreating go to the surredenred box. So, they give 1 Event VP, correct?

Why do they go to the Surrendered units box? Where did you read that rule? Unless they were Out of Supply when eliminated they don't. They are NOT eliminated for failure to retreat, even on a red-combat result, so don't go to that box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david b
France
Paris
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
OK, I got the Robust units and KG units mixed up. Robust units have "KG" written on them, that's why... it's my mistake !

hannon wrote:

Quote:
Why do they go to the Surrendered units box? Where did you read that rule? Unless they were Out of Supply when eliminated they don't. They are NOT eliminated for failure to retreat, even on a red-combat result, so don't go to that box.

It's in the living rules ! A new rule : 14.7.1/Surrendered square units VP Award - text in blue font.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Ste-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hannon wrote:
OK, I got the Robust units and KG units mixed up. Robust units have "KG" written on them, that's why... it's my mistake !

hannon wrote:

Quote:

It's in the living rules ! A new rule : 14.7.1/Surrendered square units VP Award - text in blue font.

OK I understant what you mean. I did not hAd the Living rules booklet when I checked. Ooops... Sorry. whistle

NO it does not award a VP as it did not go to de Surrendered box becuse of failure to retreat.

Optionally if you want to do it super-realistically you can award a VP if the Tenacious unit was surrounded by enemy ZOCs when lost that way (i.e. it could not have retreated).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.